We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are the Whales still in Cabo

London Ontario
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Topic
Are the Whales still in Cabo

We leave on Monday (March 8th) for Cabo. I've read that someone has seen the whales heading back north. Can anyone tell me if they are still seeing whales now in Cabo and will it still be worth going out on one of the tour companies to do whale watching?

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Los Cabos Mexico
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are the Whales still in Cabo

yes ...

Cabo John

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Los Cabos
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Are the Whales still in Cabo

Generally there are lots of whales in Cabo through at least the end of March and some years longer.

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are the Whales still in Cabo

I'm in Cabo right now.. we just saw 3 today =)

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
London Ontario
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Are the Whales still in Cabo

Thanks so much everyone. We are very excited about coming to Cabo but especially to do some whale watching. 2 more sleeps. See you on the beach!

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
213 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are the Whales still in Cabo

You didn't ask, but I highly recommend Cabo Expeditions for your whale watching tour. We've used them twice and had great experiences! It is the most fun and exciting way to see the whales!

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Cabo San Lucas...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
2,830 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are the Whales still in Cabo

The whales are still here. Lots of them, as they slowly head back north with their calves from the Sea of Cortez. I'd either use one of the Pez Gato cats, or Eco Cat.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
280 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Are the Whales still in Cabo

I'm still here, have seen multiple whales every day, both from a boat as well as our room (at Capella on the Pacific side). We did a private tour, Geoff at cabowaterlimos.com - nice low key guy. Haven't seen a whole lot of breaching, mostly puffs and tail wagging, but still fun to watch!!

8. Re: Are the Whales still in Cabo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2010, 05:21