We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PB Sunset Beach - need advice on which building/room

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
196 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
PB Sunset Beach - need advice on which building/room

Hello,

I have reserved a Master Suite w/ kitchenette at the PB Sunset Beach from March 26 - 31. I made the reservation through PB's website. I have never stayed at this resort before, but from what I've read on this forum, I think it's going to be the perfect place to celebrate an anniversary.

I'm trying to do all of my research, so I can make this trip as memorable as possible. Have any of you stayed in a Master Suite w/ kitchenette room at PB Sunset Beach before? If so, is there a particular building/room that you would recommend I request? Obviously, I'm trying to find the best room possible, that falls under the "Master Suite w/ kitchenette" category. I'm sure some locations are better than others (good view, close to beach/pools, can hear waves crashing, etc.)

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help! This forum is the best!

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
5,769 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PB Sunset Beach - need advice on which building/room

I personally like buildings 13,14,17,18 as they are close to the lobby and close to the pools and have a great view.

California
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: PB Sunset Beach - need advice on which building/room

It sounds like you are booking as hotel and not timeshare? It is my understanding that only certain buildings are designated hotel and that most of the buildings are not "hotel" units.

Anyone know which buildings are hotel?

The thing that is unusual about Sunset is that most of the suites are great. Once they ugraded me to a balcony hot tub suite but it was in a building I was sure I wouldn't want. Lo and behold, we loved it because the view was spectacular from high elevation and we were close to the Sky Pool.

My suggestion is to get to check in sooner rather than later and find out your assignment and then go check it out without taking your bags and don't disturb anything in the room in case you don't want it. If they can't give you the room key, then just find out the location and walk over and check it out, even if they will only give you the building number.

There are many variables on what is a good suite at this resort owing to the design of being built on steep hillside, that everyone gets good view, that they have multiple pool complexes, etc...

I hope you have a wonderful time!

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
6,080 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PB Sunset Beach - need advice on which building/room

The hotel rooms are in buildings 29, 30 & 31. But I don't think they have kitchenettes.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
60,952 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PB Sunset Beach - need advice on which building/room

This thread has info about renting a regular hotel room. I don't know what a "master suite w/ kitchenette" would be. Perhaps it's time for clarification from Mr. Dodge. Maybe this is one of the "hotel suites."

"Just to clarify, there are 54 hotel rooms and 6 hotel suites in Villas 29, 30 and 31. Villas 30 and 31 are designated as non smoking, as is the pool between them and timeshare Villas 26-27 which are also non smoking. These 3 villas house the rooms that are sold through travel agencies, Expedia or our own group sales and reservations offices. When there is demand for more than 60 hotel rooms, we start upgrading into the timeshare junior suites, if available. Instead of a kitchen, both the hotel rooms and suites have a minibar with many other products stocked on shelves above them. They also have a coffee maker. I hope this info helps.

Douglas Dodge" Mar 13 2009 tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g152515-i84-k26236…

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
196 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: PB Sunset Beach - need advice on which building/room

Thanks for all the replies! I booked my hotel room directly through the Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach website. It said my room would be a "Master Suite - European Plan with Kitchenette", nonsmoking, with king bed. If I recall correctly, I believe it was listed as being over 1000 square feet.

Anyway, our flight arrives at 10:53am, so hopefully we will arrive at the resort early enough to have a choice of locations.

Any other suggestions/insight/advice you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Indy
Level Contributor
170 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: PB Sunset Beach - need advice on which building/room

Have you studied the layout of the resort? It's kind of hard to determine what the best room for you would be. Near the beach? convenient to specific pool? near restaurant? I just have no idea what you are seeking on your vacation. It's all nice.

Were you provided a number/email by which to contact front desk/concierge? you could ask for a map or an idea of your current placement.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
196 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: PB Sunset Beach - need advice on which building/room

I emailed the resort, and here's what they told me about my room:

***It is an "executive suite". It has one bedroom with a king size bed

It has kitchenette, microwave, refrigerator, living room, two bathrooms and

a big terrace. The suite is 1306 square feet.***

So, that being said, has anyone stayed in this same setup? If so, any suggestions as to which building/room to choose? Ideally, I would like a place close enough to the beach so you can hear the waves crashing. Would like to avoid ground level, or anything overlooking a pool. Would rather have a more secluded. private patio.

Wisconsin,Michigan...
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: PB Sunset Beach - need advice on which building/room

I would recommend Building 13, 14, 15. That is where we usually stay. You do not see any swimming pool just the ocean. We request those buildings everytime we go.

California
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: PB Sunset Beach - need advice on which building/room

Your suite description sounds more like timeshare units than hotel units..that would be good and would give you options outside of bldgs 29,30.31.

Bldg 13 is only presidentials with 2 executives but they are the "super" , upgrade with hot tub on larger deck.

cleveland
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: PB Sunset Beach - need advice on which building/room

I don't know that there is a "bad" place to stay in the whole resort, but I've stayed in bldg 13 and honestly did not care for it because its right next to the "road" the golf carts use to shuttle guests, supplies and workers from the main pool/restaurant at the bottom of the resort up to the lobby or other buildings at the higher levels. You can hear the carts early every morning and they run all day and into the evening...... I would think 14 or 15 could be better choices if you can get them. That's just me......