We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite Restaurant in Cabo

Kent, Washington
Level Contributor
874 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Favorite Restaurant in Cabo

I know, I know, Trapper's List, etc. But I would like to start more actual discussion on this and get individuals' opinions on it, in preparation for my Baja trip in 2 weeks.

I think seperate an answer into 2 categories: what is you favorite restaurant in Cabo, price being no object; and what is your favorite restaurant in Cabo, price being an object?

Utah
Level Contributor
427 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Favorite Restaurant in Cabo

Price being an object: Taco Loco. Four tacos and a beer for like $6.50 USD, you can't beat that. Their fish tacos rock!!!!

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,709 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Favorite Restaurant in Cabo

Tacos at Gordo Lele's for fantastic, inexpensive tacos......$1.50 ea., and one is filling! Also, the Tiki Bar! Their fish & chips are wonderful!

Since I usually share the larger dinners, and don't eat in really expensive places, I can't comment on those......but I have had some incredible meals at Salvatores and Galeon, and can't wait to try Desperados!

Redmond, Washington
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Favorite Restaurant in Cabo

Price no object...Nick San for sushi.

Price is an object...Gordo Lele's

mpls.
Level Contributor
193 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Favorite Restaurant in Cabo

spendy and great food el farallons, read my reply on" vegetarian food options"?

New York
Level Contributor
837 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Favorite Restaurant in Cabo

Maros shrimp House

Los Cabos
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Favorite Restaurant in Cabo

Medium price = La Fonda

Cheap eats = Las Guacamayas

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
652 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Favorite Restaurant in Cabo

Brazil's

Meat lover's paradise

Eagle River, Alaska
Level Contributor
641 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Favorite Restaurant in Cabo

I try to avoid the "price is no object" spots. I would recommend Salvatore's as the best bang for the food buck place. The wine list is limited and in my opinion, somewhat overpriced for the quality. Ruth's Chris has been excellent each time I have visited. Ruth's is pricey, but if you are in the mood to spend some significant dollars, it is a good choice (the wine selection is extensive, but the prices are a bit over the top, at least on the listed wines that I am familiar with). I am a cheapo, so if you want a good piece of meat w/o the price or atmosphere, I would suggest one of the Argentinean steak houses..... their wine is OK and reasonably priced too!! have fun on your trip, alaska wino

St. Paul, MN
Level Contributor
353 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Favorite Restaurant in Cabo

Gordo Lele's for lunch, LaFonda for dinner. At LaFonda, have the waiter help you with the menu. Lots of great cuisine from Mexico City and other areas of Mexico. They will go through it pretty fast, so have them slow down and spend a few minutes with you. They are willing but you sometimes have to ask.

Texas
Level Contributor
172 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Favorite Restaurant in Cabo

No object - Las Ventanas