We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone else get this from Casa Dorada?

California
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Anyone else get this from Casa Dorada?

I received the following PM....kind of suspicious though. The person it is from has no posts.......hmmmm.

"Dear Cabo_nut,

Greetings from sunny Los Cabos!

We have followed with interest the vast amount of reviews, comments and suggestions that you have shared on travel forums, related to your expertise and knowledge of Los Cabos. Let me assure you that we share your interest and love for Los Cabos.

In order to further your knowledge of Los Cabos and specially of Medano Beach, it would be a pleasure to host you at Casa Dorada! Accordingly, we are extending you an invitation for a complimentary four night stay with us, with breakfasts included.

We hope that you give the opportunity to be of service and expect hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

Victor Gomez

General Manager"

Anyone else get one of these?

Cabo Nut

Thornton, Colorado
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,039 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone else get this from Casa Dorada?

It does sound suspicious but then I am suspicious by nature:) Why not contact Casa Dorada direct and see if Mr Victor Gomez is indeed the GM and if so ask to speak with him and see if he did send the PM. If he did then I would most definitely take him up on the 4 complimentary mights but I would sure want it in writing..... there is my suspicious nature popping up again. About 6 months ago I received several similar PM's and after checking things out they were bogus.

California
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone else get this from Casa Dorada?

an2jo2,

I agree...i am suspicious also. I do not need free nights...I have so many dang timeshare weeks banked....lol. What makes it really suspicious is that there was no direct e-mail address or other contact info.....if it is bogus, that person needs to get a life, seriously....lol

NJ
Level Contributor
229 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone else get this from Casa Dorada?

I don't know if this helps a Victor Gomez does reply to reviews written about Casa Dorada. Whether he's the same person who sent you the PM though, who knows.

California
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone else get this from Casa Dorada?

ok...thanks Kat.

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
15,464 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone else get this from Casa Dorada?

It seems like a timeshare ploy for a presentation. Just what you need, right!

Los Cabos
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone else get this from Casa Dorada?

Dear Cabo_nut (& Forumites),

The note was not bogus. It's as good as they come.

And, after reading my own note, I would definitely concur with rockygee: I would beleive it to be a time-share ploy. It is not... but I am naive and this program is very new, so I should have included my contact details on my message. I can assure you I was not expecting to answer any doubts or concerns on the Forum, but here we are.

As some members of the forum already know, I am the General Manager of Casa Dorada. My responsibilities are the hotel's operations, sales & marketing and the overall management of the property. But I am not part of our Time-Share Division, nor do I have part in any of their programs.

I hope to have cleared the validity and honesty of my message. I will send my contact information thorough another PM, since I understand that e-mails are blocked in forums.

Sincerely,

Victor Gomez

General Manager

southern California
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone else get this from Casa Dorada?

What a nice, generous offer.

Tacoma, Wash
Level Contributor
12,757 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone else get this from Casa Dorada?

I was just about to reply that Mr. Gomez is indeed the GM...Iand have had the pleasure of meeting him during our stays. at Casa Dorada. I agree it may have appeared suspicious due to the fact that no contact info was included..

Jeezo...I want one of those...

Hello?? Victor!!

Far From Nutjobs
Level Contributor
892 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone else get this from Casa Dorada?

I say ask for 2 roundtrip flights and you're there!! :)

Cabo San Lucas...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
2,814 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone else get this from Casa Dorada?

While I have never stayed there (as in, got a room), the grounds are beautiful and the staff very professional. I might have to talk Mr IHT into a nights get away stay there because I'm that impressed so far.

Mish2, I'll get my fav. GH family before they pass out flights. LOL