We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cell phone

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cornvillel, AZ
Level Contributor
7 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Cell phone

Can I use my cell phone (Verizon) in Cabo to call back to U. S.? Thanks for reply.

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
435 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cell phone

what about rogers? anybody call back to canada or in town. or send a picture message?

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,462 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cell phone

4tenderfoot,

I have verizon and it works fine. I go to a local verizon store before I leave and have them set me up.

It will cost you more then what they will tell you because Mexico will have a surcharge so just be aware. You may want to ask them about that.

Lots of internet cafes---they are alot cheaper.:-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,857 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cell phone

Using your cell phone works fine but you do need to check with Verizon to make sure your phone has the capatability for internatitional calls. They are expensive so best to use it sparingly. The other poster is right, they don't always tell you about the roaming charges and other fees that might be tacked on so best to ask before going! You don't want anything to mar that vacation in paradise!

Cornvillel, AZ
Level Contributor
7 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cell phone

Thanks very much for your input. I called Verizon and they advised that there was no coverage for Cabo but that sometimes it worked and I already had the international feature...

Toledo, OH
Level Contributor
314 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Cell phone

Verizon told me the same thing. They told me that they wouldn't recommend that I change my plan. Just pay roaming. It turns out that my phone worked very well in CSL. And my final charges were less than I expected.

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,462 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cell phone

I didn't change my plan either just had to program my phone because I don't have an international plan and then just pay the roaming plus Mexicos surcharge.

I think it was around 99 cents a minute but some have said they paid higher then that so not sure.