We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding desicions!

Meaford, Canada
11 posts
Save Topic
Wedding desicions!

Hi,

I am having a hard time figuring out if the Melia Cabo Real hotel in Los Cabos offers 24 hour all inclusive. I know they are an all inclusive hotel, but is it 24 hour all inclusive? Most hotels will say whether they are or are not, and I cannot find this info on either Melia's website or travel brochure.

Also - I am planning a wedding in Los Cabos in Jan or Feb 2011.

I have narrowed it down to 2 hotels - Melia Cabo Real and Riu Sante Fe. I like that Melia is smaller; and that was one of the first things I noticed.

Could someone let me know the pro's and con's and why I might choose one hotel over the other for my wedding?

Thanks so much!

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,337 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding desicions!

I haven't stayed at either but one of the main differences in the 2 is the location. The Riu properties are located only about 2 miles from Cabo while the Melia is located on the corridor between the towns of Cabo and San Jose. Are you planning to go to town quite a bit?

Also you may want to look at the Riu Palace which is located next door to the Santa Fe. It gets much better reviews and is considered a step up. Check out the reviews section here on trip advisor on the left side of the screen for recent reviews of both properties.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
513 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding desicions!

I have stayed at the Melia, but didn't do the all-inclusive, as we were using a timeshare week. With that disclaimer being said, I don't think it's 24 hour all inclusive. There aren't any restaurants/bars/snack shops that are open 24 hours. I don't think room service was available 24 hours either, and there was a small charge for room service, I think it was $5

The fact that it was on the corridor and not closer to Cabo wasn't an incovenience to us. The city bus stops right outside the resort, and it was cheap and easy to get into either Cabo or San Jose del Cabo using the bus. I liked "feeling like a local" and the people watching along the way. Cabs are also available if you're okay with paying more to get into town. The only problem with the bus would be if you're going into town for the nightlife; then I would suggest the bus into town and a cab back, since the buses stop running well before midnight.

Have fun!

3. Re: Wedding desicions!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2010, 07:44