We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabo in January

Jeffersonville...
Level Contributor
383 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Cabo in January

Okay, this question is for you destination experts. We were supposed to be leaving Saturday for Sammy's B-day, but my girlfriend had to have emergency gall bladder surgery and we had to cancel. We will reschedule the trip. I have been to Cabo in October, May and June but never in January. Is it warm enough to swim in the resort pools that month? We will probably stay at the Playa Grande. Do they heat them during the winter? To me, there would be nothing worse than to get there and not get to swim in the pool due to the weather. Please advise...

Graham, Washington
Level Contributor
144 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabo in January

The wife and I have been to Cabo in January. It is great. 75-80. Not cold but not hot hot hot either. I went SCUBA diving and was fine. Pools are heated at the PBSB so that was never an issue. We will be there the seventh through sixteenth.... maybe we will see you!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
556 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabo in January

THe weather is great....sunny blue skies with temps in the mid to high 70's. Perfect sunbathing weather as there is no humidity. With Cabo being a latitiude of 22 degress it may feel warmer so use your sunscreen as the sun is very deceiving at this time... The nites are cooler and for me a pair of capris and a lite sweather/jacket works for me, my husband wears shorts and that works for him...

I am at PG from Jan to March and the pools are heated..some pools are warmer than others.. .

Have a great time ....it's a great resort with a wonderful private beach, can't beat being able to walk into town...

Jeffersonville...
Level Contributor
383 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabo in January

Great answers! I think we're doing Cabo in January then. I really appreciate your help!

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
365 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabo in January

We go to Cabo every January and the weather is always perfect. Sometimes a little cool at night but not cold. We get in the pool at Playa Grande and also in the ocean at Medano Beach. Like CaboMagic said the sun can be very decieving, use your sunscreen!! Wishing January would hurry up and get here. Linda see you at PG in 98 days!!!!!!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cabo in January

We were in Cabo for the first time last January and spent a great deal of time in the pool. We even stayed at Playa Grande the first four days of our vacation (loved their pool, by the way).

I believed it was in the 80's everyday. All I know is that when I read up on Cabo before our trip I was worried that maybe we were making a mistake since we like a tropical vacation during our cold winters. We were so pleased with the weather and everything that Cabo has to offer that we are making plans to go back this year after Christmas until the middle of January.

Jeffersonville...
Level Contributor
383 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cabo in January

I think we will going there January 15 thru 22. I am so glad that it is such great weather then. That is typically the coldest week fo the year for us in the Louisville area. It will be nice to get my old bones warmed up. I'm also looking forward to a little whale watching.

7. Re: Cabo in January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2011, 06:21