We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about Cabo water temp and other suggestions

San Jose
Level Contributor
41 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Question about Cabo water temp and other suggestions

Hi

Planning to visit Cabo from Dec 23- Dc 27 with husband and 2 kids (4 year old and 3 month baby)and had a few questions from the travel experts:

#1: wanted to know if the water is warm enough to swim and snorkel. I live in Northern California where the pacific is beautiful- but oh so frigid. I am hoping Cabo would be warm and my four year old son and I can get in and enjoy the water in the resort pool as well as beaches.

#2: I believe Medano beach is one of the few swimmable beaches- so planning to stay at a resort there which i also believe will be close to downtown. Any suggestion between CAsa Dorada and Peublo Bonita Rose? Both seem nice with suite style rooms. my criteria would be some where which has nice landscaping, nice pool, a gym for workout and a kids corner so if I can leave my son there for a couple of hours.

#3: what would be a good place for snorkeling nearby

#4: Any suggestions for golf courses which are reasonably priced (ie under $100). While I love the water and snorkeling- my husband would definitely trying to get in as much golf as he can

Any other advise suggestions would be welcome- we are generally looking for a nice relaxing getaway.

Thanks

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
66,751 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about Cabo water temp and other suggestions

The ocean water is usually warm enough in December, but I think the waves are too much for most 4 year olds. The beach is steep and the waves crash on you. Perhaps your son can dig himself a big "pit" near the water's edge, let some water in, and enjoy the ocean without really going in. Or maybe you can walk closer to the marina side (rocks/jetty) where the waves are most gentle for some swim time.

The pool water at the Pueblo Bonito Rose seems too warm to me, tho' I haven't visited in December. I think it would be perfect for small kids. There is also a great shallow area for little ones. It's also nicely landscaped, has caged songbirds, plenty of paths to push a stroller along with a fussy baby, and a gym. I don't know about a Kids Club.

If you want a cheap adventure, take the free shuttle to the PB Sunset Beach and enjoy the day at their family pool.

Snorkeling is best at Santa Maria, tho' some prefer Chileno. tripadvisor.com/Travel-g152515-c133450/Cabo-…

Golf article: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g152515-c128909/Cabo-… It seems like finding cheap golf during the High Season will be tough to do. Maybe Cabo DE rockygee or others can offer ideas.

Another option in lieu of snorkeling would be to take the Cabo Submarine tour. Kids & families seem to really enjoy it. tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g152515-d140…

Mentioned in this post
Pueblo Bonito Rose
Pueblo Bonito Rose
4,780 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Santa Maria
Santa Maria
Ilha do Sal, Cape Verde
Cabo Submarine
Cabo Submarine
207 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
16,920 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about Cabo water temp and other suggestions

Golf under $100 is possible. Usually after 12 noon and I think up to 10 days in advance thru www.ezlinks.com Just before you get into Cabo you will see the big sign across the highway that says Country Club. Its also only about 2 miles from your resort. There is sometimes a big discount available for that course on www.thecabostore.com The golf course web site is www.golfincabo.com

Edited: 09 December 2010, 05:57
Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas Country Club
Cabo San Lucas Country...
115 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
cabo san lucas
Level Contributor
2,196 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about Cabo water temp and other suggestions

the water should be nice, but its the cool northerly winds that will make a quick trip up the beach to the towels

4. Re: Question about Cabo water temp and other suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2011, 05:20