We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First timer in Cabo San Lucas

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pinehurst, North...
2 posts
Save Topic
First timer in Cabo San Lucas

My wife and I are heading down to Cabo San Lucas for the first time this January. We're staying at the Riu Palace. We have another couple going with us that are worried about the state of affairs and said they are not leaving the resort. Please, can someone tell us something that will ease their mind.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
193 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First timer in Cabo San Lucas

Been going to Cabo now for eight years, twice a year. Have never encountered any problems. Cabo is probably safer than a lot of US cities. Tell them to go and have a good time and not worry about their safety.

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
175 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: First timer in Cabo San Lucas

As other members have said, you are probably safer in Cabo than in your own hometown! Be careful crossing the street and you will be fine!

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,263 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First timer in Cabo San Lucas

What state of affairs are they worried about? Mexico is a country, with states and cities just like the US. There has been nothing reported regarding safety in Cabo. For that matter tourists are not being targeted anywhere in Mexico. Unless your friends are part of a drug cartel, they will be fine.

They will missing out on a lot if they do decide to just stay at the resort.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
57,071 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First timer in Cabo San Lucas

>>Unless your friends are part of a drug cartel<<

househunter ~ you are so funny!

NCSpark ~ Buy your friends a map of Mexico so they can see how far down the one-road peninsula Cabo is located, and have a wonderful time in beautiful & safe Cabo.

Pinehurst, North...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: First timer in Cabo San Lucas

Thank you all. I will tell them and see what happens. I know I'm going to have a great time. Hopefully my friends will join in the fun.

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,751 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First timer in Cabo San Lucas

That's what I was going to say NCSpark...you and your wife go into town every night for great dinners and fun. They will be very sorry they didn't join you.

wa
Level Contributor
6 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First timer in Cabo San Lucas

My hubby was worried about safety before we came here as well... We also stayed at the riu palace...took a water taxi, regular taxi, walked the streets everything safe :)...everyone is also very friendly and helpful...we were only annoyed by vendors on marina, but all in all safe fun first time trip for us!

cleveland, ohio
Level Contributor
135 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First timer in Cabo San Lucas

Probably the worst thing you'll have to worry about is hangovers and sunburn. :-)

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
222 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First timer in Cabo San Lucas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Pzb3dIazGc

Minnesota
Level Contributor
894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First timer in Cabo San Lucas

Actually there is not much incentive to leave an All-Inclusive resort. Too bad, they'll miss out on the great food at Restaurant Row and the wonderful atmosphere to the Marina not to mention shopping and walking the town. But different strokes for different folks! By the way, tell them not to turn on their local news - sounds like they scare easily!