We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking fee at Villa Del Palmar?

Stamford...
Level Contributor
574 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Parking fee at Villa Del Palmar?

Does anyone know if there is a parking fee (and if so, how much it is), for the Villa Del Palmar? I've figured out we could rent a car for the whole week for just a little bit more than what the round trip shuttle from the airport would be.. trying to figure out if it's worth it for things like grocery runs or a day trip to San Jose del Cabo..If parking is expensive at VDP, it's probably not worth it.. and we'd probably still cab it into town at night.

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,500 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking fee at Villa Del Palmar?

I might be wrong about VDP but every place we have stayed there has never been a charge for parking. The only charge was when we did valet(tip).

Portland Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
2,545 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking fee at Villa Del Palmar?

I own at Villa Del Palmar, and they have free parking for guests.

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking fee at Villa Del Palmar?

trapper is correct. Parking is free at the VDP. Even as close to town as you will be, I think you will still like having a car.

Stamford...
Level Contributor
574 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking fee at Villa Del Palmar?

So you would recommend getting a car rather than doing the shuttle? My friend called the hotel to find out about the parking fee (before you nice people had responded!) and they tried to dissuade us from renting a car, although I'm not clear on the reasons why. They said to take the shuttle and just rent a car for a day if we wanted to. Is it pretty easy to find the VDP from the airport?

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking fee at Villa Del Palmar?

CaboGirl, a car fits in well with what we like to do. We spend a lot of time in San Jose as well and going to beaches on the corridor. If you mostly want to stay in town, the collectivo buses work very well for cheap transportation. Renting for a couple of days from the resort rental works, but it is much more expensive than if you reserve on-line. My recollection is that it is ~$60/day at the resort.

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking fee at Villa Del Palmar?

Sorry I forgot to respond about finding the VDP. It's really easy. Turn left at the stoplight just as you are entering town (Right at the light takes you to Todos Santos. The intersection is right at the bullring). Follow that road to a "T" just behind Club Cascadas. Turn left and the road will take you to the VDP and Villa La Estancia. Watch out for the "topes" (speed bumps). They are really bad as you approach the VDP.