We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All Inclusive at Villa Del Palmar

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
All Inclusive at Villa Del Palmar

I have found conflicting info about what is included in the all inclusive option. Was hoping someone who has recently visited the Villa Del Palmar may be able to clarify.

-Does the all inclusive include drinks on the premises-pool, beach etc...

-Is wine by the glass included?

-Bottled water or drinks available in the rooms?

Thank you for your help.

Dallas OR
Level Contributor
123 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All Inclusive at Villa Del Palmar

bump!

There is mixed or limited info on VDP AI. I called there yesterday and asked after confirming my reservation.

I was told: All food and drinks at 2 restaraunts and their bar. (with some exclusions like top shelf liquor, prime rib and lobster) NO room service or room minibar (bottled water) included. I am unsure if they have beach drink service. They do have a store and deli for water and other items which is not included in AI. I look foward to responses here.

Edited: 17 February 2011, 21:22
Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All Inclusive at Villa Del Palmar

Thanks for your response. I did see that the rooms had drinking water-but did not mention the bottled.

Anyone with more info-help us out!

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All Inclusive at Villa Del Palmar

Since the VDP is not really an AI resort (but a resort that simply offers an "all-inclusive" option), you won't find some of the typical services that you would at a real AI. In your room, you won't find a mini-bar, but you will find an honor bar like all of the rooms at the resort where you would have to pay for bottled water, beer, sodas, etc. You would also pay for room service, like all the other rooms in the resort.

As Butlersplace says, with the exception of certain food and drink items you eat and drink for free at 2 restaurants. I believe that there are only two restaurants on premises, the Bella California and Las Tortugas. The bars on the premises are also associated with those restaurants, so service around the pool and on the beach should be covered. According to one website I found, you can also opt for meals/drinks from VDP and Villa del Arco restaurants for an additional charge.

I don't know anything about wine by the glass.

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All Inclusive at Villa Del Palmar

Thank you for your response!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: All Inclusive at Villa Del Palmar

Hello.

I will be staying at the VDP in March. My group of 6 purchased the AI plan that includes VDR. You have morec choices 5 restaurants to choose from. $84.00 pp.

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All Inclusive at Villa Del Palmar

Interesting, one website says $95 pp if you include the VDA restaurants versus $70 pp for the VDP restaurants only. I guess this is one reason that people are confused.

Edited: 18 February 2011, 00:05
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: All Inclusive at Villa Del Palmar

I called the 1800 and that is what we paid. I was told to reserve this ahead of time because at check in they can charge you want you want.

Oregon
Level Contributor
156 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: All Inclusive at Villa Del Palmar

I was there in May 2010. At that time there wasn't beach service available. Service around the pool was SLOW even with tips. You can order bottled water at the pool and then take it back to your room. Or just buy it at the store on the premises. Hope this helps. Also don't get locked into your entire stay on the AI plan. There are way to many good restaurants in Cabo to just stay at the resort.

9. Re: All Inclusive at Villa Del Palmar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 00:17