We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Los Cabos (Dreams) or San Jose (Barcelo) ?

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Abbotsford, BC
Level Contributor
66 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Los Cabos (Dreams) or San Jose (Barcelo) ?

I am ready to book a first time visit to Los Cabos or San Jose in April traveling with 2 other couples and we are torn between which resort to pick: Dreams in Los Cabos or Barcelo in San Jose. What is the difference in the areas and is one more desirable than the other? I understand that at both properties the ocean is not safe for swimming? Please help! I understand that both of these properties are in two different areas of Cabos but just wondering what the difference is.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
57,023 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Los Cabos (Dreams) or San Jose (Barcelo) ?

Hi again Amber

Did you see my other reply? SanJose is in Los Cabos. Cabo San Lucas is in Los Cabos. The airport is in Los Cabos. Dreams is located in Los Cabos, in the corridor between the towns of Cabo San Lucas and San Jose Del Cabo.

Here are some maps:

an overview map: www.loscabosguide.com/maps/overview.htm

Corridor map: www.loscabosguide.com/maps/corridlg.htm Cabo is at the left, and SanJose is at the right.

and the favorite wikimap: wikimapia.org/…50 centered + on Dreams (I love this map ... it's fun to "fly" around, zoom in & out, and see what's really there.)

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
14,597 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Los Cabos (Dreams) or San Jose (Barcelo) ?

As you can see from that great wikimap that PNW was so kind to give you, the Barcello is within waking distance to the supermarket and the center of San Jose Del Cabo.

Dreams is about 10 miles from both Cabo San Lucas and San Jose Del Cabo. You can get a shuttle from dreams to either town and a Bus is also easy to catch out front of dreams to both towns. I stayed at Dreams in January and we loved the resort. Nice pools and the restaurants were very good. We found the Portofino Italian restaurant to be excellent. You can in fact swim in the Ocean near the Dreams resort if you walk the beach down to the Hilton Cove about a 20 minute stroll. Dreams had some sort of entertainment every night and activities scheduled every day. I hope this helped. Have a great vacation.....Rocky

Abbotsford, BC
Level Contributor
66 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Los Cabos (Dreams) or San Jose (Barcelo) ?

Yes, thank you so much for your advice. I posted my question again on the other forum as you suggested...that's why there was a repeat.

4. Re: Los Cabos (Dreams) or San Jose (Barcelo) ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 13:16