We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

art and beer

Astoria, Oregon
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
art and beer

where is art and beer? we will be in cabo soon and would like to check it out. went to todas santos in Oct but dont remember anything like that. looking forward to the sun!!!!!!

Toledo, OH
Level Contributor
314 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: art and beer

I went there on a recommendation too. In October, the sign was down, laying on the ground next to the building. We would've missed it too, had it not been for the guy who sells blankets. If you stopped to talk to the guy who makes/sells blankets, A&B is right there, on the same side of the road. If I remember, it's about half way to Todos Santos. Easy to miss, just a small, shack-looking place. But absolutely worth it!!

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: art and beer

epps,

Art and Beer is our favorite hangout in Los Cabos. it is as authentic an atmosphere as you can find and the owners, Lourdes and Alfredo are decidedly weird and thats why we love them, as i often say Baja is more of an attitude than a place and this for me is a slice of the Baja Sur i enjoyed years ago. Art and Beer is on the main highway to Todos Santos from Cabo. if you are headed to Todos Santos it will be on the left next to the rug factory just before you get to pescadero.Keep looking to the left as it is a complex of several buildings right on the highway. been there a thousand times and still dont remember the marker number. perhaps CaboEditor who is not nearly the alcoholic i am will know the exact Km marker. Buena Suerte....... jim

Astoria, Oregon
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: art and beer

I remember the rug factory so will have to look for it...thanks for the tip.

BC
Level Contributor
397 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: art and beer

Epps- Art and Beer is on your left heading north just before Cerritos Beach at kilometer 69. Be prepared to relax in another world with the greatest drinks you may ever try (don,t worry about the ice etc.) After your pleasant visit and assuming you can still walk, tip well, enjoy a complimentary traveller and request that your designated driver take you to Playa Cerritos or even better Playa Los Palmas on your way to Todos Santos. The world needs more of these places.

Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: art and beer

We are going down in 5 days!!!! I am staying at Dreams, can I take the bus here? If not how much would a taxi be and would he know what I am talking about. Can't wait!

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: art and beer

Annie,

IMHO a Taxi would be out of the question. way too expensive. Locals all know Art and Beer so no worries there now how do we get you there? Buena Suerte.... jim

Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: art and beer

Would it be worthwhile to rent a car for the day, I do have to say that I do not like to drive in other countries, how safe would I be on this highway, is it travelled frequently? And do they drive like mad men? One more thing, how far approx would it be from the Dreams resort? Thanks

Toledo, OH
Level Contributor
314 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: art and beer

I rented a car just for the day, specifically to go to Todos Santos and A&B. Once you're on the highway, traffic is very light. Every once in a while, someone will come up flying behind you though. You may have to nudge over a bit, to give them room to see and pass. If you come upon a slow moving semi, they will usually signal with their left-turn light, to let you know it's safe to pass. I've traveled this road during the day and felt completely safe, and traveled at night- big difference. You have to beware of animals, the streets aren't lit.

Consider staying at A&B for the sunset. Watch it from the rooftop- breathtaking!