We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the weather like in October?

Edmonds, Washington
Level Contributor
208 posts
Save Topic
What is the weather like in October?

Hola everyone!

My husband and I are no strangers to Cabo. We LOVE it there. But we have always gone down in April. We may have an opportunity to go down in October and I was wondering how different the weather is? Is it really THAT much hotter then it is in April? Would we notice much of a difference? We would be traveling with young children so I worry about sun exposure. We would take the same precautions as always with them, but am wondering if the sun in October would be just too hot? We live in WA state and have more webbed feet than leather skin. LOL

Also, how is the foliage that time of year?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,522 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the weather like in October?

When we went the beginning of Oct. it was just humid. Not really to hot but sticky. Not a fan of humidity. Last year we went the end of Oct. and it was perfect. Not to hot at all. The temp. of the ocean water is sooo nice in Oct.. I think the sun is more intense in April then in Oct..

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
69,999 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the weather like in October?

Love that rain today, huh. Webbed feet here too.

It is warmer in October than April. But an April visit is nice to get out of our winter/spring rains!

The biggest difference is the water temperature. In April, the ocean feels like our summer lake temperatures. In October, it feels more like bath water.

What part of October are you considering? One PNW friend went in early October and said she'd never go back that time of year ~ too humid. But she was in Cabo in late October last year and seemed to have a wonderful time.

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the weather like in October?

Foliage??? It's cactus and palm trees, the only color change are the bougenvilla. You should try to get there the end of Oct (25th ish) for the TA Black and Green fishing tourney. Over 100 of us TAers will be down there. Lots of fun. But if not, October is still a good time weather wise, the extreme heat and humidity is subsiding. However, the sun is still intense compared to home so sunscreen will be a daily necessity.

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,511 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the weather like in October?

We have been going in October for over 15 years but always at the end of the month. Since September and October are the height of the hurricane season it is going to be very, very humid which you don't find in April at all. We also frequently go in April (will be there for 2 weeks soon!) and the weather is very different.

In April, nice warm days, cool nights and very cold water- no humidity.

In October you will have hot days, warm nights and very warm water. For us the heat doesn't bother us but the humidity does which starts to go away after about mid month. The end of October thru November the weather in Cabo is just about as good as it gets!

Puyallup, Washington
Level Contributor
2,390 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the weather like in October?

End of Oct thru Nov is perfect. Water temps in the 80s, hurricane season is over and Halloween in Cabo is an absolute hoot. July Aug Sep is hot and humid. 5th Annual Trip Advisors Black and Green tourney is the week of 23-30 Oct. See Ya there.

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
6,142 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the weather like in October?

I like going to Cabo in April, but I like the second half of October even better. The evenings are warm so no need for jackets or sweaters. No wind like the spring. And the ocean water is warm. The last two weeks of October and the first two weeks of November are my favorite time of year to go. And then I come home ready to jump into the holidays.

Kansas CIty...
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is the weather like in October?

Everyone has had great advice so far! I'll second Tooley's comment as far as the sun being more intense in April than October. I dislike more humidity, but I love that the desert is greener and the water warmer in October! I would avoid the first half of October if you have a choice.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,323 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is the weather like in October?

We go the first two weeks of October and love it. I'll take the humidity in Cabo over a muggy summer day here in PA anyday :-) Last year we went in August and that was not for me.....very hot!

Edmonds, Washington
Level Contributor
208 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: What is the weather like in October?

Hmmm...yeah...I don't do humidity well. It is a timeshare week. Week 41 so for this year that would mean Oct 13th-Oct 20th. It is a rental with option to buy type deal at our favorite resort down in Cabo.

I should have clarified the foliage question. I was talking about the foliage at the resorts. Bougenvilla especially. I love when it is in bloom and colorful.

We can't do later in October since we have three young boys who like to go trick or treating.

buffalo ny
Level Contributor
305 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: What is the weather like in October?

We also have gone in March mostly, but this year going with two girlfriends in late October - PBSB. We had one really good year first wek of March and last year rain and cold temps, so if October is warmer that will really make me happy! I guess we will be there during fishing tournament season (10/19-26) now that I found that out my husband is sorry he gave it up to "girls"!