We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surfcasting equipment now available in Cabo

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
16,888 posts
174 reviews
Save Topic
Surfcasting equipment now available in Cabo

Great news! I purchased an excellent surfcasting rod and reel for any one on this site to use for the week when they are in Cabo. Tyler the manager/owner of Desperados will give the equipment to anyone who would like to use it.

The only thing we ask is that a donation be made to TOOLEYS (Lyndie) Food Drive ($25). This gives anyone a great chance to fish in this world class location and also help out a terrific cause. We encourage anyone interested to give it a try. Its a great opportunity to fish the surf.

Just bring some lures to use. Surfcasting does not require a liscense. Any questions send me a message. Have fun...Rocky

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
174 replies to this topic
Upper Michigan
Level Contributor
3,471 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surfcasting equipment now available in Cabo

You be the man, I have been wondering how to get this done. Great job, better idea

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
8,299 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Surfcasting equipment now available in Cabo

Awesome! I'd love to borrow it when I'm there in May (21st thru 29th). Hang onto it Tyler... I'll head on over to Desperados to pick it up on the 22nd!!

Tacoma, Wash
Level Contributor
12,763 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Surfcasting equipment now available in Cabo

Rocky!! You rock.. Or Rocky's rockin'.... You get the drift..great idea...Bill has wanted to surf fish. Awesome!!!

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
6,121 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Surfcasting equipment now available in Cabo

That's so cool!!! I'm glad all the logistics worked out!

middleburg hts ohio
Level Contributor
117 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Surfcasting equipment now available in Cabo

thats really nice of you to do. we always bring our own equipment but i think this will get a lot of people interested without having to buy their own equipment first. i will donate to the food drive anyway even though i dont need to borrow the equipment when im there in november. this is really a great group of people on this forum!

Wingham, Canada
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Surfcasting equipment now available in Cabo

I'll be makeing my first trip to Cbo in November and will be sure to borrow your equipment. Where do I go to make a donation to the food drive.....and what beaches would I fish while I'm in Cabo. I'm already planning a day or 2 on a charter and I was going to buy an outfit for this week so this works out perfectly.

Thanks Rocky.....what a great idea.

Edited: 19 March 2011, 11:14
Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,050 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Surfcasting equipment now available in Cabo

Great idea Rocky....helping travelers who want to try fishing without having to purchase expensive equipment (and lugging down on the plane) and helping out the Cabo Angel with her Food Drive. Awesome!!!

onlycaboforme.....probably make your donation to Tyler at Desperado's and he'll hold it until Tooley gets back down there.

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
middleburg hts ohio
Level Contributor
117 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Surfcasting equipment now available in Cabo

thanks attilla, i will be sure to find tyler. i have yet to try the famous nachos at desperados anyway! as to where to surf fish.. we always fish on solmar beach. we've caught sting rays, pufferfish, roosterfish, needlefish and sierra on this beach. i've also seen football tuna caught too. you never know what you're going to catch, thats what makes it so much fun!!!!

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
884 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Surfcasting equipment now available in Cabo

That is great news! I always envy those guys out there on Solmar in the wee hours of the morning, next time I can join them.

Mentioned in this post
Solmar Resort
Solmar Resort
1,903 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
cabo
Level Contributor
3,830 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Surfcasting equipment now available in Cabo

Very thoughtful idea Rocky and I´m happy I could help!

I would prefer people contact Tooley by PM and mail her a check donation to the food drive directly, but will hold any $$ for her that people choose to donate in person.

Donna, have you down for May 21-29. I´m going to pick up the equipment on Monday

Rocky´s the man!

Edited: 19 March 2011, 21:22
Reply to: Surfcasting equipment now available in Cabo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted