We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MCR Review

Calgary,Canada
4 posts
Save Topic
MCR Review

Just returned from being in Cabo for 2 weeks. We stayed at the MCR and I just wanted to let everyone know what a wonderful place thi was. I could say somethings were not up to par for a 4 star resort but the staff made up for any thing. My husband and myself along with our 14 yr old went and to be honest I was a bit worried what we would do with her for the whole 2 weeks being a teenager and all. After making it known to the activities staff there that I had a daughter who was bored they went out of their way to make sure she felt welcomed. In fact the day we were leaving she was very emotional to say goodbye to all the employees there. Tristan, you are amazing and I sure hope they appreciate all that you do to make sure all the guests are made welcome. As far as the resort goes it did not compare to others we stayed at before, I would rate it a 31/2 but to be able to stay for 2 weeks in such a beautiful area was amazing and we would be sure to return since the price was great for an all inclusive. The complaint we have to make really was at the airport when we were returning having to be there for 3 hours before the flight and no airconditioning or even a good central air flow was hard to take as well as the prices they charge you for food. I see not to many have really mentioned the MCR and wanted to make sure that just because of the staff alone this resort was recommended. Word of caution though beware of the pool bars special drink of the day they are addictive!!!!

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,482 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MCR Review

sunmaiden,

So glad you had a good time and it sounds like your daughter did too. We know how important that is! :-)

You mentioned the airport and I agree about the charges on food there. We have learned, finally, to bring snacks with us to the airport because you never know how long you are going to be stuck there.

Glad you enjoyed the Cabo people and your resort.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,749 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MCR Review

I have occasionally had our resorts pack a box lunch to take to the airport. It's the same lunch they pack for those fishing and is large enough for two, and the ones we have has were quite good.

So California
Level Contributor
444 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: MCR Review

I would have to say that the airport food we had in Los Cabos was probably the worst we have ever had.We should have known when we saw hamburgers and hot dogs with only one or two bites out of them left on tables.Never again will this poor sap and his clan go anywhere near the grey hot dogs or hamburgers.

Rotonda West...
Level Contributor
544 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: MCR Review

Thanks for the return flight tip. We always take snacks going since nothing is open at 4am but hadn't thought about coming home. Can't wait,1st time there, leaving Feb 8th-18.

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,482 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: MCR Review

cutie,

Another tip I was thinking about today, getting more suit cases down, was to make sure I had ribbon or some identity tag hanging on bags. Most of our bags are black, like most bags, and when I put bright ribbon or tag on them it makes it so much easier to notice and grab off the belt.

See you in Cabo. :-)

Rotonda West...
Level Contributor
544 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: MCR Review

Instead of ribbon I got these huge neon colored luggage tags at a leather store closing soooooooo cheap. They say "big tag" and can't be missed. They've survived about 8 years and I've had many comments about them........A funny story to share regarding food at the airport:2 years ago I went to Cozumel via Cancun and had 2 lunchables (like you get for kids)left. Naturally the flight was late, there were 4 planes in at the same time, the line was long and we were hungry.All I did was open the little softsided cooler and this guy literally lunged at me and said..........I'll give you $25 for those! Well you didn't have to hit me on the side of the head so the 2/$3 snack earned a $22 profit.I love taking these compact little lunches, a yogurt etc and you're set..........Do you know of any problems at Cabo airport with food being brought in? Once in Honduras they took our turkey breast lunch meat and nothing else.........You know I'm a forum junkie now. I've been a lot of places but have never felt more prepared to visit somewhere new. Ya all are great and really help us Cabo rookies..........

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,482 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: MCR Review

cutie,

So glad you like it here. I wasn't a forum.. anything till I landed here and well...

I love that story! I am going to buy lunchables more often. I think the only thing I remember I had fruit was taken away. Nothing else have I had a problem with. You feel so trapped once you get through the security that having our own snacks is a life saver.

Hey, I am going to look for some big bright tags too. It sure helps!

Rotonda West...
Level Contributor
544 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: MCR Review

Tooley.....Do you do any snorkeling or diving? I read in some dive book that the juvenile seals will play tag w/you and saw in one of the forums where a whale shark came along side the boat. Now that would be exciting!Just wondering if you had a rec for good snorkeling..........Have you been to that Art festival in Todos Santos? I think it starts in Feb while we're there.

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,482 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: MCR Review

cutie,

I do snorkle but I am a fair weather snorkler, not a die hard. We do take a boat out(panga) every Feb. and it is fun. We search for whales and have had a school of dolphin come play around us and some stingray jumping around. It was wonderful. Where are you staying?

I have only been to Todos Santos once and know very little about the area but plan to go this time. I wonder when the art festival is. Should ck. out gringo gazette. It will tell us.

Rotonda West...
Level Contributor
544 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: MCR Review

Tooley.........We're staying at the Fiesta Marina because we wanted a place with a kitchenette. That's how I got started in the forum, wanting to know more info about the hotel..........We go to Cozumel a lot and were lucky to have friends with a condo on the ocean.I said were as Wilma destroyed it and much of the island.Our friends washer and dryer was in the street in front of the building, the microwave was even torn from the wall..............You get used to having that 1st cup of coffee in your own space as soon as you get up so that's why we chose tha Marina. Hope you/ve heard good about it..........When will you be in Cabo?