We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Sante Fe vs. Riu Palace

La Porte, TX
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Riu Sante Fe vs. Riu Palace

Our trip is 2 couples in late 30's early 40's--looking to relax,have good food, and be close to town for adventures.

The price difference to stay at the Palace is $250 more than the Santa Fe.

If any of you have stayed at both, would like your opinions if it's worth the extra.

Level Contributor
214 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Sante Fe vs. Riu Palace

Sorry but I can't give you an answer to your question, BUT...

We booked the Santa Fe for Aug. then a week later we changed our mind and did the upgrade to the Palace.

Right now it seems they are offering a free upgrade from a gradenview to an oceanview at the Palace. That was one of the deciding factors.

We hear that the Palace is more laid back and quieter then the Santa Fe.

If you book the Palace, you can use all the facilities at the Santa Fe, but not the other way around. This was also a factor in our change.

We are 2 families with teenagers. If the kids want a great social scene, they can walk over to the Santa Fe while the adutls can hang at the Palace.

Not sure if this helps.....

Maybe somebody who has stayed there can chime in.

mitch.......

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
15,552 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Sante Fe vs. Riu Palace

Takevtr.....That was agreat reason to make the switch to the Palace.

The Sante Fe seems to be younger more enthusiatic crowd. If you want a more upscale stay the Palace is the better choice. More noise and activity seems to be with the younger crowd at the Santa Fe

california
Level Contributor
211 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Sante Fe vs. Riu Palace

We have stayed at both. We prefer the Riu palace. The layout is better and the food was better.

La Porte, TX
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Sante Fe vs. Riu Palace

Thanks for the responses thus far. :)

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
62,345 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Sante Fe vs. Riu Palace

Here is another thread with info (slightly old, but still good): tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g152515-i84-k25614…

If you want to read about resorts that are closer to town, they're described in the Top Questions in the upper right. The Riu properties are about 2 miles from downtown.

Also, if good food is important to you be sure to try some of the restaurants in town. Forum favorites are here: www.TrappersCaboList.com

Iowa
Level Contributor
173 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu Sante Fe vs. Riu Palace

I would opt for the Palace. We stayed there last summer and are going again this summer. The Santa Fe sits completely BEHIND the Palace. VERY inconvenient (long!) walk around the Palace to the beach. Long walk indeed, as these resorts are huge! Not even sure what kind of beach view you could have in the Santa Fe.

We walked back to the Santa Fe one afternoon. It looked to be a complete step below the Palace as far as the quality and niceness of the resort.

If you don't mind a lot of walking and being quite a distance from the beach and ocean, not to mention that the Santa Fe is not nearly as nice as the Palace, then save your money. Otherwise, I would definetly spend the money and stay at the Palace.

One thing to note: if you stay at the Palace, you can use ALL the amenities (bars, etc) at the Santa Fe. Santa Fe people cannot use the Palace. Probably not a big thing in my mind as I found the Santa Fe not nearly as nice as the Palace.

Good Luck!

Bloomingdale...
Level Contributor
448 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Riu Sante Fe vs. Riu Palace

We have yet to experience Cabo. However, many friend of ours have visited both the Sante Fe and the Palace; and prefer the Palace hands down. We are in our mid-late 40's and prefer a more relaxing, lower key setting, not to mention there seems to be a couples atmosphere at the Palace. Having the option to use the Sante Fe facilities is welcoming should be want to party it up a little with the younger crowds.

We love Puerto Vallarta and welcome a Cabo visit in October for our 20th Anniversary!

Houston, Texas
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Riu Sante Fe vs. Riu Palace

My husband and I are going to Cabo for the first time in 2 weeks and we decided to stay at the Palace so we can have access to both hotels. We are also from La Porte, what a small world! I will be sure to give you an update when we return!

9. Re: Riu Sante Fe vs. Riu Palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 20:18