We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabo for One

Chicago, Illinois
7 posts
Save Topic
Cabo for One

Heading to Cabo on my own (early 30's) for some stress relief and relaxation. Not looking to party, just want somewhere relaxing, beautiful and luxurious (spa is a must). Could use your help! Was thinking Pueblo Bonita Sunset Beach or Pacifica or Fiesta Americana as all three are highly rated on TripAdvisor. Is there any place I am missing or should consider? Price range is $300/night or less.

Also, is it a big miss to stay somewhere that you can't go into the ocean because of the strong current?

Thanks!

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,975 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabo for One

All good choices! Though, for the convenience of being able to wander into town when you feel like it, I'd look at Playa Grande (the have a lovely spa, and an adult pool) or even the new Grand Solmar. (still under construction though, but there have been some great intro prices, and you can use the spa at PG. The resorts have some wonderful pools, which make not being able to ocean swim less of an issue, and you can get into the Sea of Cortez at Medano Beach in Cabo. Pacifica is amazing and super relaxing, and while I've not had the opportunity to stay there, I would Love To! Just truly to get the R & R!

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
6,094 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabo for One

I think you should look into Casa Dorada on Medano Beach. I'm staying there for the first time next month and I can't wait!

I really love staying right on Medano Beach because 1) it's swimable 2) the great view of Land's End 3) it's a quick walk to town 4) the great selection of water activites and 5) the beach restaurants are right there.

Chicago, Illinois
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabo for One

Thank you KatD and NewGrama! I will look into Playa Grande, Grand Solmar and Casa Dorada!

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,975 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabo for One

Good idea on CD! I forget about it, as I will have my first stay in May also!

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
63,609 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cabo for One

Also look at renting a week from a timeshare owner. Sometimes the cost is half of the hotel cost, and it's for the exact same room. The "problems" may be finding availabilitiy, the day of the week to check in, and the length of stay (one week.)

The resorts on a beach info in the Top Questions in the upper right has more info for you.

"Stress relief and relaxation" sounds like the Pacifica.

Don't worry about not being on a swimmable beach. If you're not a huge fan of ocean swimming, just enjoy the pools of a resort with a quiet beach!

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
5,782 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cabo for One

Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach also meets your needs with rest and relaxation

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
196 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cabo for One

Being a single, 30-something who has stayed at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach, Casa Dorada, and Playa Grande in the past year, I would recommend Casa Dorada. It's in the middle of all the action, but is a nice laid-back place. Very modern and new, and the location can't be beat.

Chicago, Illinois
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Cabo for One

Thank you everyone for your help!

Chip68116 - did you find that the 'sales team' at Casa Dorada was off-putting. It's the only negative thing I've read about that resort and you are right, the location is excellent. However the last thing I want to do is fend off sales people!

Toledo
Level Contributor
37 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cabo for One

I would definitely choose Pueblo Bonito Sunset. Absolutely goregous with an incredible spa. Its safe and caters to all of your needs. If you are not looking for a party atmosphere; this is the place.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
196 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cabo for One

The sales-people at CD were not bad at all. Only got asked to take a timeshare tour when we checked in. Never got bothered again, and we were there a full week. I wouldn't worry about that.

If for some reason you can't get a room at Casa Dorada, my second choice would be PBSB. I wasn't too impressed with Playa Grande.