We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help selecting restaurants on the voucher program.

Campbell, California
Level Contributor
845 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Help selecting restaurants on the voucher program.

We often buy restaurant vouchers, but have never been very disciplined about it. On two different occasions we've actually bought them at the Los Cabos Guide offices in town.

This time we want to be organized and try a few different places. However, I don't know most of these restaurants. Does anyone have restaurant recommendations from this list. (see link for details)

http://www.loscabosguide.com/discount.htm

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,092 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help selecting restaurants on the voucher program.

There are several that are on Trapper's List! I would check there! I do like the Galeon, Mama's, Felix's ( the same place, BTW) and Pancho's (okay, not a fav!) In fact, I may purchase a couple myself, thanks for asking so I remembered!

Campbell, California
Level Contributor
845 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help selecting restaurants on the voucher program.

We use and love Trappers List. I suppose my question is-- Are any of the following restaurants on the voucher program but not on Traper's List worth trying? I know it's subjective. Just looking for insight...

Arre Mango

D' Right Joint

Doc Wine Bar

Eat by Frutopica

El Comal

Galeon

Jazmin's Restaurant

Las Marias

Los Cabos Winnery

No Worry's

Peninsula by Night

Pub de la Chapu

Red

Romeo y Julieta

Sunset Da Mona Lisa

Sunset Point

The Hill Top Restaurant

Edited: 13 April 2011, 23:13
New Jersey
Level Contributor
555 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help selecting restaurants on the voucher program.

DOC Wine Bar- great antipasto, bruschetta, homemade tagliatelle (I like it with the speck and asparagus, but others are yummy too), don't miss the fresh berries dessert (I laughed at my husband when he ordered it, but it is scrumptious).

Peninsula- in Fiesta Americana, fantastic ambiance, really enjoy the market salad and I think I usually go with the filet.

Villa Serena- basic Mexican fare, but amazing views so go for lunch. Their margaritas are super strong so go for the large ;).

Not on the voucher list, but we also really love Manuels in the Shoppes at Palmilla and Alcaravea.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,092 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help selecting restaurants on the voucher program.

Galeon is very good!

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help selecting restaurants on the voucher program.

Of the list in the Los Cabos Guide, several restaurants (El Comal, Jazmin's, Red, and the Hilltop) are in San Jose del Cabo, so I am assuming you would not be interested in them. They also would not be on Trapper's list. You also didn't list several restaurants, some of which I would definitely go to: Villa Serena, Puerta Vieja, MigueLocos, and Hacienda El Coyote, favoring Puerta Vieja and Hacienda El Coyote.

Edited: 14 April 2011, 00:28
California
Level Contributor
729 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help selecting restaurants on the voucher program.

Hi There,

I really love Miguel Loco's. The food is great and the owners are very cool, you can use the vouchers to buy Miguels fabulous "special bottle" of Tequila.

This was just looking at the list from Los Calbos restaurants. I hear good things about the Doc wine bar, and the winery. I will try those two on our next visit.

Hey, get some of each and if you don't use them, return them!!

Chica

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
475 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help selecting restaurants on the voucher program.

Nice to see the list of restaurants has been expanded. I will definetely be ordering some vouchers for our July trip. My favorites are Miguel Loco's, owners are great people and food is really good...if you fish, they will cook your catch. Galeon is a very good Italian restaurant as is Romeo & Julieta. Mama's is a "can't miss" for breakfast. Amazing stuffed french toast and assortment of omelettes and other goodies. In the evening, they turn into Felix's, also very good. Have a great trip and enjoy the good eats!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
142 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help selecting restaurants on the voucher program.

Here are my suggestions:

EAT by FRUTOPICA

Super cute deli-patio style in a quiet shopping center. This would be worth to visit The Shoppes at Palmilla if you've never been there. The good thing about this place is the celebrities that goes very often. Naomi Campbell were there on December. George Clooney and Cindy Crowford are "regular clients" as they live "across the street". My suggestions from the menu: if going of lunch hamburguer is great, veggie pannini or the enourmus club sandwich. If going for dinner, they have "italian nights" with a delicious risotto fruti di mari.

NICKSAN

This restaurant is located on the same shopping center than the previous restaurant but is most for a fancy dinner or special ocassion. Highly recommended though! Leonardo Di-Caprio is a close friend of the owners due to his often visits there!

PUERTA VIEJA

Love their wine cava and huge steaks, charming old hacienda style.

RED

This is more like a martini bar and not very good with food.

SUNSET DA MONA LISA

They have the most incredible and romantic view to the arch!!! Highly recommended for a romantic and special night.

Portland Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
2,547 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Help selecting restaurants on the voucher program.

The only voucher available that is not on my list would be Sunset Da Mona Lisa. It is a great restaurant but I have not visited it yet. Will shortly. I get positive reviews at my web site on them. Quite frankly the pick-ins are a little slim right now for vouchers.

Campbell, California
Level Contributor
845 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help selecting restaurants on the voucher program.

Love your list! It weighs heavy in our decision process. I checked your website www.trapperscabolist.com/trappers_list.html

I couldn't find the above restaurants. Is there a more updated list?

Edited: 14 April 2011, 17:40