We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

verizon cell phone users

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,461 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
verizon cell phone users

Hi guys,

Just went to Verizon to see what I need to do for use of phone in Cabo.(I forget every year!) I am going to Cabo in 3 days and 16 hours. A few of you might know that. :-)

Anywho, for verizon users that don't have international calling, when you arrive in Cabo put *228send, then it will give you options and push 2 and you are set for reception. Or she also said you could just push *22899send. So, take your pick.

I may not even use it but you never know!

JJJ
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,626 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: verizon cell phone users

Tooley-I sense your anticipation and excitement for your trip...I am so jealous...wish I could escape from this rain and go to Cabo too! Anyway...you said you are set for reception...can you also make calls from Cabo once you do the *22899send? Will you have computer access while in Cabo? Will we be receiving reports of your trip in progress? I guess dumb question...who wants to be hooked up to a computer while basking in the sun!

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: verizon cell phone users

tooley,

i can tell you are so ready for Cabo! I too have Verizon but have found in the long run the phone cards are cheaper after all of the charges are acessed and then you dont have another electronic device to keep track of or deal with. i truely hope you have a wonderful holiday in Los Cabos. Buena Suerte...... jim

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,461 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: verizon cell phone users

JJJ,

Yes, either # will make it so you can call the states. I just have it for quick calls to daughter or emerg..

I might have withdrawls if I don't ck. in a few times. I go to the internet cafes to send e-mails to daughter too(she'll be in Costa Rica so we will keep in contact that way),so I will have to give you guys at least a weather report now and then.:-)

Jim,

I agree that it is not cheap once you add the roaming charge the Cabo surcharge and I don't know what else but it seems like its around $1.20 a minute or something like that. I plan to use it very little. :-)

Thanks, I hope to have a great trip too!!

I know I will, no worries!

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: verizon cell phone users

tooley,

if there is anyone who is going to Los Cabos and is guaranteed to get the max out of it you are the one!! How lucky we are as a forum to have people like you who share the love of these people and this place. best of everything to you tooley y Buena Suerte..... jim

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,461 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: verizon cell phone users

Gracias Jim. I appreciate you guys being so kind to me---the newbie that I still am! :-)

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: verizon cell phone users

tooley,

no! you are the one who is too kind. you have demonstrated that over and over. if anyone deserves to go and get their Baja "on" it is you!! Buena Suerte..... jim

Central Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
4,623 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: verizon cell phone users

Hey you two can decide who deserves what until next week! The first words out of my mouth to the cabby will be;"El conductor del taxi, para y obtiene alguna cerveza!" I am down to 35 hours and 20 minutes. This board just takes the edge off of the "jones" a little. Dos equis and a cuban......Ah I can't wait!

F4B

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: verizon cell phone users

fish,

might i suggest a Bohemia and a Cuban. the sweetness of the Bohemia matches the deep richness of a fine Cuban to the extreem. go and have a wonderful time. tooley and i will sort it all out later:) Buena Suerte....... jim

Central Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
4,623 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: verizon cell phone users

YM,

Great thought! I was kind of thinking Modelo Negro just for the contrast. What a wonderful problem, which cerveza ans which cigar. Its a terrible dilema! I have taken a liking to the little cigarette size cohibas too!

I see some warm water is returning also. Come on hot bite!!!!!

All the best,

F4B

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,461 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: verizon cell phone users

f4b and ym,

I was thinking we could all take a nice hike up to the top of the mountain. Now, that would be healthy and fun, don't you think so! :-)