We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which glass factory is best?

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sonoma, California
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Which glass factory is best?

I'm staying in Cabo San Lucas and was wondering which glass factory you recommend. I see one called vitrofusion and cactus. And there might be yet another. I just wasn't sure which is best for selection and price. I've searched the forum and don't see the answer.

Also do you barter at the glass factory (factories) or is it priced at selling price?

Thanks!!!!!

P.s. I'm here now and hoping to go this morning since it is raining!!! Thx!

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which glass factory is best?

We went to this glass factory last week.

loscabosguide.com/glassfactorycabo/index.html

Go on a day when there is not a cruise ship in port. We were lucky enough to be the only ones there that morning, had the opportunity to blow glass ourselves and really spend time watching and asking questions-it was facsinating!

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,794 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which glass factory is best?

Didn't know there was more then one. The one posted byLynn is the one we've been to. There is a glass store in town by Arumburo called the Blown Glass Factory. But it is just a store with all kinds of glasses, etc. Isreal is the owner, great guy, packages your purchases for travel for a safe carryon. Might be one up in San Jose but have never heard anything about it if so

Sonoma, California
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which glass factory is best?

Maybe I'm getting the glass factory confused w the glass store the guy Israel owns. I think that is called cactus glass or something like that. Maybe that is all I need since I just wanted to buy glass not see the process.

southern California
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which glass factory is best?

If you want to buy glass then you MUST go to 'Artesanos'. It's on the main hwy between Walmart and Costco but on the south side of the hwy.

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,794 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which glass factory is best?

Artesano's is good, but there are also stores selling glass ALL over Cabo. However, I will still say Isreal, since he packages it so well for transport. Not just a bag (Mexican suitcase I was told...LOL) with the glass wrapped in paper.

Westminster...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Which glass factory is best?

Just returned today from Cabo and bought lovely glass at Israel's store. The sign on the store front says "Glass Factory" and it's located on Lazaro Cardenas Street near the Plaza Aramburo. It's a short walk from the marina and visiting Israel is well worth your time. As stated before, Israel does a wonderful job packing your glassware for travel and he speaks excellent English.

USC alum

7. Re: Which glass factory is best?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2013, 21:34