We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Help re: Restaurant- SO BUMMED :(

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Las Vegas
Level Contributor
597 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Need Help re: Restaurant- SO BUMMED :(

DH and I are coming to Cabo (staying at Montecristo at PBSB) in August. For the first few nights we'll be there alone, then midway through the week we are being joined by 5 close friends. For our second night in Cabo (and last alone night) I made reservations at El Farallon after picking that over La Frida. Well, DH and I decided to book a deep sea fishing trip with Redrum for our second day and decided to rethink going out to dinner that night since (a) we will probably be tired from our fishing trip, and (b) why go out for fish that night when we'll *hopefully* have some fresh fish to eat!?

Here's the problem. Our only other alone night is Monday and it looks like both El Farallon and La Friday are closed that night. I'm so bummed. :( I guess I'm looking for another nice dinner. It doesn't have to be fancy, just something good and unique to Cabo. Maybe something with some fresh fish AND meat options? Bonus points if it's fairly close to where we are staying, but of course this isn't absolutely necessary.

Edited: 13 July 2011, 16:12
Massapequa, NY
Level Contributor
1,234 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Help re: Restaurant- SO BUMMED :(

A good choice for a nice dinner with a beautiful view would be the Hacienda Cocina y Cantina localed on Medano Beach. Very reasonable prices and spectacular view of the harbor.

Bob

PS don't forget Desperados with your friends for a wonderful meal with great service.

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
597 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Help re: Restaurant- SO BUMMED :(

Thanks ManU, Desperados is already on our list!!

Portland Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
2,532 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Help re: Restaurant- SO BUMMED :(

I agree with ManU, Hacienda Cucina would be an excellent choice, and since they are part of a hotel they should be open.

For additional dining info, go to my web site:

www.trapperscabolist.com

Edited: 13 July 2011, 16:47
Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
971 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Help re: Restaurant- SO BUMMED :(

Why not go fishing on Monday instead of Tuesday?

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
597 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need Help re: Restaurant- SO BUMMED :(

We can't go fishing Monday because that's the day we get in. The fishing boats leave at 6:30am. Trust me, I wish we could!

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
971 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Need Help re: Restaurant- SO BUMMED :(

Oh sorry didn't realize you got in on Monday. I would suggest La Fonda or Hacienda Cocina y Cantina.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
2,015 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need Help re: Restaurant- SO BUMMED :(

Hands down...Hacienda Cocina y Cantina :)

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
5,540 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need Help re: Restaurant- SO BUMMED :(

Also you can take the shuttle to Rose and go next door to Club Cascadas, Sit on the sand, great food and nice atmosphere. Don't get me wrong Hacienda Cocina is very nice as well.

Seattle
Level Contributor
41,391 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need Help re: Restaurant- SO BUMMED :(

www.misionesdekino.com is my personal fav. Food, atmosphere, service, it's got it all. suze

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
597 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need Help re: Restaurant- SO BUMMED :(

Thanks for the recommendations. Anyone know how close the Blanco or Rose are to Hacienda Cocina? I'm wondering if I can take the shuttle there and walk, then cab it back. Our friends are renting a car but we won't have one the first few days.