We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabo San Lucas for a Pregnant Mom?

boston
10 posts
Save Topic
Cabo San Lucas for a Pregnant Mom?

So, here's my dilemma.

Wife and I are Heading to Los Cabos for four nights in November.

We just found out she's got a bun in the oven. When we made plans for the trip, the thoughts were that we might be able to hang loose on the beach and enjoy a few adult cocktails. But, as you can imagine, at least for her, the idea of now drinking is not even a question.

As I read the forums, I get the idea that Cabo is kind of like spring break...which i didn't really want. We just wanted a chill place to eat, beach, swim and enjoy activities.

My question (sorry for the long intro) is where should we stay? I was initially looking at the Wyndham just because it is so cheap, and centrally located. I'm not sure now though if we should think about staying in San Jose? Neither of us have been to Los Cabos, so aside from all that I've read, we're a bit clueless.

So, can anyone recommend a good place to stay...and more importantly, is Cabo too wild for my mom to be? Thanks!

Duluth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
5,159 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabo San Lucas for a Pregnant Mom?

November in Cabo isn't party time (unless you want it to be!) I wouldn't worry about that.

The Wyndham is very central for walking around town, but it has no beach frontage, so if you want that, there are easier hotels to access the beach. If you want to keep costs down, have a look at the Bahia...make sure you get one of the recently remodeled rooms. It's a block from Mendano beach, probably the best bang for you buck for a hotel very close to the beach.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,877 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabo San Lucas for a Pregnant Mom?

You definitely can have a super time and not drink, so rest assured, that part will be just fine! You might even look at someplace like Solmar, as it is on a lovely (non swimming beach) but is truly a short walk into the Marina and town! See if Mexico Unlimited might have some good deals for shorter stays. They are a great company to work with! I'd call, rather than book on the web, as they may be able to put together a pkg. with air, transfers, and land! Pleasant Mexico is a good company, but oft times a bit higher priced. Apple is another decent choice for a package. You might be surprised at the deals for on the beach properties. Worth looking. Depending on exactly when in Nov., it isn't high season yet.

Chanhassen...
Level Contributor
680 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabo San Lucas for a Pregnant Mom?

My sister in laws and I were in Cabo a few years back. One of them was 6 months pregnant. We stayed at Villa del Arco. She didn't have problems walking the beach or around town. We did alot of relaxing, eating, shopping. She was up for dancing one of the nights.

A good location right on Medano beach is Casa Dorada. We stayed there last year and the location is great!

There are lots of activities, you will have a great time!

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
312 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabo San Lucas for a Pregnant Mom?

sice when is spring break in november? lol

Seattle
Level Contributor
45,268 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cabo San Lucas for a Pregnant Mom?

Cabo is only spring-break central if you want it to be. If you go to certain bars around downtown or on the beach.

There are plenty of us who just relax, take it easy. I was only there for a week a few years ago but there were plenty of low key places. check out www.misionesdekino.com that was my favorite place for dinner.

I don't know the hotel you asked about but think the Bahia looked very nice for a reasonably priced option and almost on Medano Beach. (I stayed at Mar de Cortez which is a nice hotel but a budget one, probably a little more basic that what you'd like?)

I've never been to San Jose, but for me would definitely recoomend sticking with your original idea of downtown Cabo for a first trip.

Any of those fruity beach drinks can be made 'virgin' so your wife won't miss out on the fun.

suze

boston
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cabo San Lucas for a Pregnant Mom?

Thanks everyone! The Bahia looks nice. The renovated rooms are double the price at the Wyndham. Anyone stayed at the Wyndham recently..seems like the reviews are getting a bit better, but still a bit gunshy.

Canada
Level Contributor
88 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cabo San Lucas for a Pregnant Mom?

Im Leaving On Monday And My Wife Is 7 Months Pregnant, Looking Forward To It :)

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
62,414 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cabo San Lucas for a Pregnant Mom?

bostontrav12 ~ have you read the resort descriptions linked to the Top Questions in the upper right? What kind of place are you seeking? What's the budget?

Kansas CIty...
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cabo San Lucas for a Pregnant Mom?

Hi there! Soon to be mom myself, I spent 10 days in Cabo when I was 4 months pregnant. We even stayed on Medano beach and it never once felt like a spring break atmosphere. The other great thing about Cabo for mom-to-be is that there are so many great places to eat, that is, if she's over her morning sickness! Cabo is actually pretty tame as long as you avoid visiting during actual spring break and the night clubs. Enjoy!

Boston
Level Contributor
604 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cabo San Lucas for a Pregnant Mom?

We've been to Cabo four times and never stepped foot on Medano beach. My hubby doesn't drink and I might have one margarita in a week long trip. That being said we love Cabo! We stay at the Finisterra. It is on a beautiful (non-swimmable) beach and an easy walk to town. We are always up early for fishing, breakfast or coffee and never up past 11pm or so on vacation. And no...we are not in our 80s ;)

You will have a great time! I would suggest Playa Grande or Finisterra. I love that side of town.