We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

G20 Summit next June

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Surrey, B.C.
Level Contributor
2,206 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
G20 Summit next June

The G20 is being held in Los Cabos next June and read today that of the 17000 hotel units in the area 11000 are to be used for the conference.

Does anyone have the dates for this and what complications do you think can arise from it.

I know when they had it here in Vancouver years ago it caused major headaches for all living here for a month before due to security and traffic and was impossible for people to book rooms.

Depending on date in June may consider coming earlier in May than later in month.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,223 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: G20 Summit next June

YIKES!!!!!!!!!!! That could really mess with my May plans! Best see if I can still trade my unrented Dec. week now, or my kids won't be planning a trip!

Jeffersonville...
Level Contributor
378 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: G20 Summit next June

I'm going to be there June 23-30, 2012. I tried looking it up once to see the dates but couldn't find it.

I was there right before the last one they had back in the early 2000's.(not sure of the year) There was a US aircraft carrier parked a little beyond where cruise ships park and tons of Mexican marines everywhere. Kinda weird seeing one of our flat tops there.

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
2,011 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: G20 Summit next June

Is the location final? I thought Cabo was one of three on the short list?

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,223 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: G20 Summit next June

It looks to be final, but I couldn't find the dates either :(

Jeffersonville...
Level Contributor
378 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: G20 Summit next June

I do remember one thing that happened during the last conference. They shut one of the terminals down at the airport and we had to be shuttled to our plane on our way out of Cabo. That terminal was used for the VIP's coming into town. Seems to me that the last meeting wasn't as well attended as they say this one will be. I believe it was held at the Westin..?..? But, I could be wrong on that memory.

Campbell, California
Level Contributor
841 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: G20 Summit next June

Lisacuba, where did you see the date?

I'm planning our 2 week vacation in June 2012 and have had Google alerts out for over three months. Though Los Cabos is apparently a front runner and the location definitively makes sense. To the best of my knowledge, a specific location in Mexico has not been announced and dates have not been set.

I for one would like to avoid being in town during that meeting.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,223 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: G20 Summit next June

The things I found when looking for dates made it sound like Cabo was definitely the choice, but I couldn't find actual dates any place yet :( I sure hope it doesn't mess with any of our holidays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
5,663 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: G20 Summit next June

This may sound crazy but what is G-20 Is it a girly show or something

Campbell, California
Level Contributor
841 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: G20 Summit next June

It's a musical staring Timothy Geithner.

Jeffersonville...
Level Contributor
378 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: G20 Summit next June

I found an article dated October 12 that said Calderon picked Los Cabos for sure. Googled G20 2012 to find that. There is no announcement of specific dates though. The last two were held in November. Seoul and Cannes respectively. The Vancouver one was held in June. The one I barely missed in Cabo last time was in October. So, I'd say we need to take a "wait and see" attitude for the dates.