We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Independant smaller hotels to stay at??

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Whitby
Level Contributor
108 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Independant smaller hotels to stay at??

OK, so I think maybe the Riu might not be for us as we like to go off the beaten path a bit. I would now like info on smaller hotels, clean, pool and maybe a small bar, must be on the beach and close to the action!!! Suggestions please and thanks,

L

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
234 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Independant smaller hotels to stay at??

the only small places like you are looking for will be out on the corridor.

check out Marbella Suites de la Playa

loscabosguide.com/hotels/marbellabeach.htm

Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
3,147 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Independant smaller hotels to stay at??

The corridor is no where near the action.

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
892 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Independant smaller hotels to stay at??

Look into the Bahia... It is a smaller "boutique" type hotel in Cabo. It is not "on" the beach but it is only a 3 min walk to the beach from the hotel and a 10 min walk to the center of downtown. For the price and location I think it might be what you are looking for... The remodeled rooms are really nice. I am actually on my way to the airport right now and will be staying there tonight... =) Their website is

www.bahiacabo.com

North Carolina
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Independant smaller hotels to stay at??

When we went a couple of years ago, the villa we rented wasn't going to be ready for a couple of days and we stayed at the Siesta Suites (http://www.cabosiestasuites.com/) and it was only a block from the Paseo de la Marina. It was very basic and clean and there was nothing luxurious about it. We were very happy with it though, he price and location were right.

(If you try to look it up on google maps, it's actually across the street from where it's shown.)

Edmonds, Washington
Level Contributor
673 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Independant smaller hotels to stay at??

I booked with Mar de Cortez for December.

We have never stayed there but have read great things about it here on TA.

They have a toll free number here in the States.

http://www.mardecortez.com

Ontario
Level Contributor
7,186 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Independant smaller hotels to stay at??

Siesta Suites...while I loved it there, and will probably always be my number one place to stay, it isn't 'on' the beach...great location...very quick walk to the marina...if you want to go to the beach you can take a taxi or a water taxi.

As far as a pool is concerned, it's a pool 'of sorts' next door at Salvatores (awesome restaurant....reservations are probably still a good idea) that you can use..it's a little dipping pool. Good enough to cool off in. Plus you can have a drink at the bar at Salvatores.

Mar de Cortez would be one of my other picks but isn't on the beach either.

Good luck! :-)

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,040 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Independant smaller hotels to stay at??

Harleywoman, as you can probably see from the responses so far, there is nothing that meets all of your criteria. There are no small hotels right on the beach in the middle of the action. In fact there are few small hotels right on the beach. Marbella Suites en la Playa and Welk resorts (with Welk being more upscale) would be the only two I can think of. Both of these are well outside of the action.

Surrey, B.C.
Level Contributor
2,206 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Independant smaller hotels to stay at??

Staying at Mar De Cortez this December and though not on beach it is right in town has a cute pool and great restaurant/bar with cheap prices. I would recommend over Siesta Suites only because of the pool. Both are great and affordable places in Cabo.

Bahia is also good, costs almost twice as much but closer to beach.

I have stayed at all 3 locations and find Mar De Cortez best deal.

Oregon
Level Contributor
2,590 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Independant smaller hotels to stay at??

Tesoro (Wyndham) receives a lot of flak here on the boards, but we have stayed there twice (and again starting tomorrow), and although it is not on the beach, its location is perfect for us. Right downtown, on the Marina, and they have a van twice a day to the beach (or for $2pp you can jump into a water taxi)

Although not a resort, it is far from a dump. It is clean, well kept and most (many?) of the rooms have recently been remodeled.

We're not beach people, nor are we much for pools, although Tesoro does have a pool (small).

In our travels, we have stayed in a LOT worse!

If you decide to try it, splurge the extra $10 for a Marina room. You can watch the sunrise over the Arch and you have a great view of the entire bay and Marina.

Ontario
Level Contributor
7,186 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Independant smaller hotels to stay at??

Good point! Forgot about Tesoro/Wydnham....I've stayed in the condo section not the hotel. Here's a couple if you're interested - maybe cheaper than the hotel? And you get to use the pool and shuttle I believe (unless the rules have changed).

Amber (the owner) is super nice...I've tried to get this place a few times but it gets pretty booked up!

http://www.vrbo.com/358943#photos

One more...

http://www.vrbo.com/340712#rates