We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions for RCI or II owners in Los Cabos areas

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gibbons, Alberta
Level Contributor
479 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Questions for RCI or II owners in Los Cabos areas

I am looking into purchasing a timeshare (or two) on ebay this fall/winter and have questions for owners in the Los Cabos area.

I can't find out how many points different resorts are worth in this area - was told it was on the RCI website information for individual resorts, but I think you have to be signed up to see it, is that right? Do you know how many points the different resorts are or could you provide me with this information?

Anyone members of both places? What's the main difference between the two? Anyone ever use the RCI Last Call? Are places in Los Cabos available on this service?

Just trying to figure out where to spend my money - the MF sure vary a lot by places and I want to make sure to get something we are going to use - I already have a Florida timeshare that my dad has transferred to me, worth at least 36,000 RCI points - maybe more depending on what they value his week at. Is it worth it to transfer your week to points or should you keep it as a week and trade or whatever?? Very interested in the Bel Air property in San Jose - I have a friend with a share there (under the old Playa del Sol group) and the new ownership seems to be doing a lot of work upgrading the place.

Thanks!

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
240 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions for RCI or II owners in Los Cabos areas

Your question might get answered more quickly on the Tug2.net website (Timeshare Users Group).

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
14,172 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions for RCI or II owners in Los Cabos areas

Most of us own timeshares and unless you buy a resale at a great price thru Redweek.com or from an owner or some other source, its just a lot easier and cost effective to rent a time share.

edmonton Alberta
Level Contributor
884 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions for RCI or II owners in Los Cabos areas

if you looking to AI for time shares total rip off. we can go from Alberta to cabo for less then the timeshare. alot of places AI fees are ridiculous and i personally do not want to to go to a resort and pay for each thing or worry about that or the cooking or cleaning. My father inlaw has a timeshare and never uses it untles it is for the states or somewhere in the mountatins

Gibbons, Alberta
Level Contributor
479 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions for RCI or II owners in Los Cabos areas

I'm not looking for AI at all - I like the new Bel Air (formerly Playa del Sol) property specifically, but other resorts that are linked with RCI and II would be acceptable as well. We went the AI route in 2008 and although we enjoyed it immensely, I prefer the idea of cooking for ourselves or having the option of going out to restaurants. The costs for the two of us to go AI would be way more than the cost of a timeshare and the flights as we don't travel during high season.

I would be buying a timeshare through Ebay for less than $5 - all fees included (except the MF if it's due right away). I have read many posts on TA about buying timeshares and know better than to buy one either from a developer or on the high end resale market. I like the idea of buying a points timeshare as it allows a lot of flexibility (although I read something on tug2 yesterday about not being able to stay more than once someplace - have to look into that more wasn't sure what they were talking about). The timeshare we now own is a set week at a set place in Florida and I believe we have to join RCI or II to do anything else with this one - it came from my parents, who've had it for over 25 years - it's one of the ones that never expires - which is a bonus for us!

5. Re: Questions for RCI or II owners in Los Cabos areas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2012, 04:17