We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help please

vacnouver canada
1 post
Save Topic
Help please

I go to Acapulco every year. I stay 20 mins out of Acapulco itself. I enjoy the quiet and and the native where I stay. Its on the beach and the villa is a small family owned hotel with 10 rooms with no hot water, this is fine its on th beach. Is there any area near Cabo like this? What are the areas called and how far from the action . thanks

Mentioned in this post
Acapulco
Acapulco
Guerrero, Mexico
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
638 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help please

You may want to start with some research into Cabo to help narrow the scope of your question. Check out www.loscabosguide.com

There are really 3 areas to consider: San Jose (near the airport and furthest from the action); the tourist or "golden" corridor where you will find many hotels varying in scale from a few rooms to 5* all-inclusives; and Cabo itself (where most of the action is).

Sounds like you're looking for a reasonable (if you could give people on the forum a price range that would help) hotel on or near the beach within walking distance to the clubs of downtown Cabo. Is that right?

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
San Jose
San Jose
California
Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,371 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help please

You might want to look into the East Cape/Los Barriles area. It is not nearly as developed as Cabo, the Corridor and even San Jose. There is also Todos Santos, which is growing quickly, but still has the charm of a smaller village. Both are about a hour and a half to two hours from Cabo, and both delightful.

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
San Jose
San Jose
California
Todos Santos
Todos Santos
Baja California Sur, Mexico