We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Groupon deal - WRI resorts

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
3,715 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Groupon deal - WRI resorts

Hola mis amigos,

There is an awesome deal on groupon today for a weeks stay at any WRI resorts for $399. Cabo resorts include, PB Rose and Sunset, Playa grande, Marina Fiesta, Cabo Villas, Sol mar, Finisterra, Villa Del Palmar and a few others. Also P.V and Cancun resorts. There is no joining WRI and timeshare tour is not required. The only catch seem to be you have to book the trip within 60 days of travel. Seems like a great deal to me... can always use a cheap week of vacation!

http://www.groupon.com/deals/ga-a-world-resorts-international?c=all&p=0

Edmonds, Washington
Level Contributor
673 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Groupon deal - WRI resorts

While it may seem to be a great deal, I am sure of a catch.

Yes, the groupon says within 60 days of travel. BUT it limits you to higher airfare. Also, subject to availability of a Resort and most likely a rack rate room.

If you are able to travel without limitations such as "travel at a whim" or if you dont mind a room facing something other than a great view, then one "might" think its a great deal.

I own at PB in Mazatlan and Cabo. I find it pretty hard to call the resort directly and try to book travel within a couple if not a few months. Even though I am an owner.

JMO

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
3,715 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Groupon deal - WRI resorts

Yes, it may be limiting for some....and perhaps you wont get the best room but for instance if you are heading down to Cabo to use your timeshare week and need a few nights before or after your week, $399 would be a good deal for any resort. They all vary in size and room type.

.For me personally, if I can book at room at Whistler, CA. (a 4.5 hour drive from Seattle) and get a room for $399 for a week, its a great deal.....no problem to book 60 dsys out. Im not very particular on what room I get if im in a destination to enjoy various destination activities (such as skiing at Whistler). Also, we could take our daughter to Disneyland on semi short notice....always cheap flights to LA. We are considering a week in P.V. after New Years. Im excited to see what might be available.

Just trying to pass along a deal for those who might be interested....

Enjoy!!!

Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
623 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Groupon deal - WRI resorts

Thanks for the info!! They have so many options that I bought one for my next Cabo trip in April. Can't wait!!!

Lise

California
Level Contributor
713 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Groupon deal - WRI resorts

Dang!!!!

That deal sold out this morning when 1000 sold!!!! Missed it this time.

Thanks anyway Summyr..

Chica

5. Re: Groupon deal - WRI resorts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2012, 10:27