We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mega vs Costco

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
St. Louis
Level Contributor
548 posts
145 reviews
Save Topic
Mega vs Costco

We'll be stopping (private transport) at Mega on the way to PBSB. How does Mega compare to Costco - wine - snacks, etc ? Is either one more convinient for our driver? Thanks (ONLY 13 MORE DAYS!! WE ARE READY!!!).

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,730 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mega vs Costco

depends on if you are wanting to buy in bulk or smaller packaging. Either one is easy for the driver to pull in to. Love Mega's meat (fresh bbq chicken and hot homemade tortillas), veg, bakery dept. But Costco has the good pricing if you want large quantities. Kind of comparing apples and oranges...but no diffenence on convenience for driver....IMHO

mass
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mega vs Costco

Can you shop at COSTCO if you do not have a membership?

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,219 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mega vs Costco

You will need a membership card just like in the US. Unless you need lots of the same item (big bulk) I would go to Mega. It is a large grocery store with tons of choices but you can buy everything you need in normal sizes. They have a great bakery too!

St. Louis
Level Contributor
548 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mega vs Costco

Thanks for your imput. After I submitted the post I realized that Costco's quantities are far more than we'll need for our 2 weeks in Cabo. We've been to Mega before and loved it - including the bakery.

Edmonds, Washington
Level Contributor
673 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mega vs Costco

Oh I dream of Mexican pasteries gotta loose weight jsut cauze Im going to gain it back!

6. Re: Mega vs Costco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2012, 10:20