We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Question

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
515 posts
120 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Question

I am flying in from Tijuana Mx to Cabo. Do I get lucky and not have to walk through the shark tank? If so I will fly from tj everytime I go. Thanks in advance.

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
14,963 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Question

Walking thru the Shark tank(Timeshare people) is easy. Going thru Immigration and customs is time consuming and a drag.

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
515 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Question

You are right I know I get to skip immigrations and customs in Cabo. I believe I fly into the other section of the airport does anyone know if they have a shark tank there as well?

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
14,963 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Question

The timeshare people seem to be everywhere. Even at your resort and in town. Just ignore them and dont make eye contact if you dont want to be hasseled. They are persistant, and they do have familys to feed too.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,313 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Question

You will be arriving in the domestic terminal, I've never done it but would guess they don't have a shark tank over there.

California, USA
Level Contributor
199 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Question

Even with all the things I've read here - I got snagged. We went through customs - all good. Saw all the sharks and we took a deep breath and dove in. The signs to exit were marked but I got confused.

One exit said " groups" the other said "residents". We were neither but knew we were not residents so we headed for that door. I was called over to a counter and he asked what we were looking for. I told him the name of the shuttle and he pointed to a guy. I knew he was NOT our driver - so I turned and walked out the resident door.

We had to walk to the other side - no biggie - but lesson learned!

McArthur, California
Level Contributor
209 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Question

Wow, I would have never thought about flying from TJ to avoid the “tank”. Great idea, hope it works! I have had the piranha actually grab papers from my hand and tell me they were employees of the airport and I HAD to follow them. Unbelievable…

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
515 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport Question

I am doing it because it is about $200 cheaper per person not to avoid the shark tank but hopefully that is another added bonus.

8. Re: Airport Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2012, 10:19