We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marina Fiesta transportation question

Kansas City
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Marina Fiesta transportation question

My party of 5 adults will be staying at the Marina Fiesta Resort the last week of January and I am trying to figure out what service I can use for airport transportation. I thought I had read on this forum that they are one of the resorts that require patrons to use taxis for the return trip to the airport. Can anyone confirm this? What companies have any of you used to get to/from the airport and Marina Fiesta? I am looking for good service and a good deal....if possible.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
58,810 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marina Fiesta transportation question

The forum favorites for private transport are TransLobo and Cielito Lindo. Both offer great service and a great deal. Contact them and ask if they can provide round trip service. (Sometimes they are allowed to do this if they arrange the transport with the hotel in advance.) If you have to take a taxi, don't worry about it. Just tell your bell captain when you're ready to go and he'll bring up the next available taxi. They're all huge vans, just not as comfy or personal as the new vehicles used by Translobo & Cielito Lindo.

Contact info is linked to the Top Questions about Cabo in the upper right. It's also right here: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g152515-c129424

Parlin NJ
Level Contributor
233 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Marina Fiesta transportation question

I use Translobo all the time and Arturo can provide round trip service at Marina Fiesta. Not all resorts allow this but he is OK with them, worry free.

Tony

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
5,728 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marina Fiesta transportation question

I use Cielto Lindo all the time and they are wonderful people.

Buffalo, New York
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
954 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marina Fiesta transportation question

You can check out their website and book transportation with them. You can book it under the reservations - transportation tab. Its about $20 a person

http://www.marinafiestaresort.com/contact.php

Midwest
Level Contributor
562 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marina Fiesta transportation question

We use the private shuttle at the airport (about $84.00) and then on the to the airport from the hotel, we take a taxi for $72.00.

There are two of us. I know you can fit four (been there done that) for the same price (as we have done it), but I am not sure about 5.

The taxis and private shuttles that we have taken are the same basic auto (minivans). Everyone seems to be scared of the taxis but they are the same vehicle and for less, so I am not sure exactly why. Maybe I am missing something.

Looks like you and Greg (from the other post) will be there together. We are earlier in the month. Have a great trip!

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,815 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marina Fiesta transportation question

you can also take a shared shuttle for $17pp one way thru cabosanlucastours.net to get to Marina Fiesta...then upon your return just take the taxi from out front of the hotel appx $20pp as stated above. Private transport is appx $30pp round trip and they are allowed to pick you up for your return trip. People on here aren't afraid of the taxi's on here...just don't like being taken by the taxi union (cartel) and their prices when there are other options.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Marina Fiesta transportation question

Thank you all for the great information.

I am leaning towards the private transportation and would like to have everything prearranged before we leave.

I plan on contacting Translobo as recommended above. Are there any other reliable private transportation companies that I should contact?

For private transportation do you usually pay up front or do you pay at the end of each leg of your trip?

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
58,810 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Marina Fiesta transportation question

"The forum favorites for private transport are TransLobo and Cielito Lindo. Both offer great service and a great deal."

Cabo DE rockygee likes InsideLosCabos

I think all the companies are reliable. You just need to find one that offers the service & price that feels right to you.

9. Re: Marina Fiesta transportation question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2012, 10:18