We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone done Wide Open Cabo racing?

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Weston, Connecticut
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone done Wide Open Cabo racing?

Thinking of getting this for my husband as a Christmas present - it's not cheap so I want to make sure it's the real deal and not some amateurish excursion.

Has anyone done it who can comment?

Central Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
4,624 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone done Wide Open Cabo racing?

I have not but I have close friend who has! He says it's worth every nickel. Short class ahead of time then it's balls to the wall.

Enjoy!

F4B

Toronto
Level Contributor
587 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone done Wide Open Cabo racing?

I've done it with three friends several years ago. I think we paid around $250 at the time for four laps around the track. They picked us up late morning and we were back around 4pm. The total amount of driving is around 20 or 25 minutes more or less. It's not a whole day affair.

We had a fantastic time! If I did it again I'd bring a helmet cam.

Weston, Connecticut
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone done Wide Open Cabo racing?

Thanks, I think the helmet cam is a great idea - can I rent one?

Miami, Florida
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone done Wide Open Cabo racing?

Just finished the full day Wide Open Cabo Tour on Saturday, Dec. 10th. It was my birthday present for my boyfriend. I paid just over $1500 for the entire day (for two people: driver and co-driver). I can't drive manual so I just tagged along for the ride...which was amazing. We drove up to Todos Santos to have lunch at the Hotel California. The full day was 8AM-6PM. It is the real deal, minimal instruction in the beginning with lots of driving time - worth every penny. The views are spectacular and it's a blast. We both would highly recommend the experience! Would love to learn to drive manual and do the 3 day tour next year =)

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,613 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone done Wide Open Cabo racing?

Here are some reviews:

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g152515-d1…

San Diego...
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone done Wide Open Cabo racing?

Los Cabos Magazine has vouchers for them. www.loscabosguide.com

You can purchase $600 in vouchers for a 35% discount. Call: 800-208-3954

7. Re: Has anyone done Wide Open Cabo racing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2012, 10:19