We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timeshare presentation questions

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
513 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Timeshare presentation questions

What's the earliest time in the day I can do a timeshare presentation? Also, a couple of years ago when I stayed at Finisterra I did a presentation at Playa Grande and after the presentation, when they were giving me my "gifts", they offered me another presentation at Villa de Arco for a later day. Does anyone know if this is possible for the Sunset Beach presentation? I assume that Solmar is doing presentations, is Playa Grande still doing them? Should I just book at the airport for Solmar or Playa Grande? I'm planning on doing Sunset Beach our first full day there.

Thanks

Upper Michigan
Level Contributor
3,418 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Timeshare presentation questions

Yes both Playa and Grand Solmar are doing timeshare presentations. You could do the breakfast one at Playa and the lunch one at Grand solmar.

Upper Michigan
Level Contributor
3,418 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Timeshare presentation questions

I would not book at the airport, I would go the hotel instead

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
14,605 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Timeshare presentation questions

You can negotiate some timeshare presentations for your whole week at the airport. A couple might be fun, But they can get old real quick.

Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
3,147 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Timeshare presentation questions

I would book at the airport.That is what I did and no one could match the cash gift I got($300USD).Do not leave a deposit and don't settle for anything less than what you have in mind.About 5 people told me that they could not give me $300 cash,I kept going until I found the "boss" and he finally said OK.The earliest is usually a 9:00 tour.They will pick you up earlier for drive time.It is really hard to do 2 in one day.The 9:00 will not be over until around 12:00,by the time you hook up the next one it is too late in the day.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
7,997 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Timeshare presentation questions

Book at the airport -- but ONLY FOR CASH and NOT FOR THE MAYAN. Then take your invitation for cash (we always leave a $40 deposit, but we get it back) with you to check in at your resort. After checking in, they'll ask you if you received an invitation. Give it to them and tell them you'll take the tour but only if they'll match it. They'll give you some song & dance about how they can only give you resort/spa credit, blah blah blah. Tell them that, thanks but no thanks, you'll just go to the other tour because you want the cash. Eventually, they'll give in and offer to match it dollar for dollar. Then go on your tour (they have an early breakfast tour -- if you're already an owner, you'll have to tell them you don't want the owner lunch timeslot) and enjoy your cash.

Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
3,147 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Timeshare presentation questions

DMWALKER...How do you get your deposit back?Is your resort going to give it to you?Thats not who you gave it to.Thats is why I refuse to give a deposit.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
7,997 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Timeshare presentation questions

Yes, the resort gives back the deposit. I've never had a problem with getting my deposit back... ever.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
5,656 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Timeshare presentation questions

Sure wished my wife would let me play with the sharks again.

orange co., ca
Level Contributor
180 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Timeshare presentation questions

We are leaving next week and would like to attend one of the Pueblo

resorts. We are staying at Playa Grande and would sure like the $300.00 plus we have always wanted to see these resorts. How can we get that deal? Or at least the money, Playa nevers offers to match anything in the past, we are owners and they probably know it.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
7,997 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Timeshare presentation questions

Sent you a PM.