We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hacienda del Mar Resort, Cabo

Manitoba
Level Contributor
344 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Hacienda del Mar Resort, Cabo

Can anyone tell me where this resort is located in respect to the downtown area??? We stayed before at Solmar and Playa Grande and wondered where this may be located from them so we can mentally landmark. Is it far to get to downtown??? Thanks.

chicago
Level Contributor
165 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hacienda del Mar Resort, Cabo

Hacienda Del Mar is on the Corridor. It is a $20 cab fare to downtown, and they also have a shuttle for $10 per person round trip

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
59,307 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hacienda del Mar Resort, Cabo

Here is a map of the Tourist Corridor so you can see the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar with respect to Cabo and San Jose: cabo-travel.com/maps/corridor_map.htm I think the Sheraton is located at km 9 on the highway, so it's 9 km from downtown Cabo and 21 km from the beach resorts in San Jose (maybe 22 km to downtown San Jose.)

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
721 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hacienda del Mar Resort, Cabo

The resort is located in the guard gated Cabo del Sol master planned community. The Fiesta Americana is in there as well.

We always rent a car and it takes us 7-10 minutes to get into town

Manitoba
Level Contributor
344 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hacienda del Mar Resort, Cabo

Thanks. I think we would be better to stay in the area we were before as closer to restaurants, etc. Good to know.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
59,307 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hacienda del Mar Resort, Cabo

The resorts on Medano Beach and on Solmar Beach are described in Top Questions articles in the upper right.

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
721 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hacienda del Mar Resort, Cabo

I hear ya. We stayed in town last year and then moved to HDM for our last week and it was a pain in the patootie traveling back and forth at night. We left our rental car downtown more than once and cabbed it back late at night because we were in no condition to drive.

7. Re: Hacienda del Mar Resort, Cabo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2013, 10:16