We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help choosing a resort

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
196 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Need help choosing a resort

I have found that the resort that works best is very dependent upon your circumstances. I have stayed at the following resorts in Cabo in the last 2 years:

ME Cabo & Riu Palace - guys trip

PB Sunset Beach - went with girl I was dating

Playa Grande Ridge & Casa Dorada - went with girl I was dating

While I loved PBSB, it would be a poor choice for a couple single guys. I liked the ME, bit it would not be a good fit for a quiet romantic getaway. I liked all of the resorts for different reasons, except the Riu. That just wasn't my scene. I'm not a fan of AI in Cabo and would never consider it again.

I will be staying at Casa Dorada from Feb 17 - 28. I have one buddy coming for the first half, and another buddy coming for the second half of the trip. I am kicking around the idea of changing my flight and staying an additional 3 nights by myself to relax and recover. Any suggestions of a good resort? As much as i love Casa Dorada, after 11 days I'm sure I will be ready for a change of scenery. I am a 40 year old bachelor, so a resort that would at least have the remote possibility of having some single women around would be ideal.

If you were in my shoes, what would you do? Should I try the corridor or San Jose.,,or would that be too remote and quiet? I'm thinking maybe something on the pacific side of Cabo. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Muchos gracias!

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
15,318 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help choosing a resort

Me Cabo might be an option and its close to all the Beach bars. Great night clubs in the Me.

Edited: 11 January 2012, 18:17
Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
196 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help choosing a resort

Thanks for the reply. ME Cabo is next door to Casa Dorada. After 11 nights at Casa Dorada, I think I'll want a chance of scenery. Maybe something that's not on Medano Beach.

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
175 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help choosing a resort

Maybe try Wyndham... You will be at the Marina as opposed to right on the beach.

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
971 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help choosing a resort

Since you are thinking something on the Pacific side, what about Playa Grande or more upscale like Capella?

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
15,318 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help choosing a resort

THE Mar De Cortez in town for a few days will be cheap and a few single gals might be found there. ITS A GOOD TRASITION PLACE CLOSE TO EVERYTHING.

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
2,678 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help choosing a resort

I don't know Rocky....He did'nt say he was looking for "cheap" single girls...lol

But then again who knows...???

All kidding aside...I stay there myself ...but then I am a cheap married girl..;)

Edited: 12 January 2012, 02:59
7. Re: Need help choosing a resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2013, 09:23