We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is It Safe?!

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
1 post
Save Topic
Is It Safe?!

Some friends of mine from college want to head down in March but due to the violence in Mexico are skeptical - is Cabo safe?

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
14,216 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is It Safe?!

Here we go again...........Yes Cabo is very safe. I would feel very comfortable if she vacationed here with friends, or even came alone. Im not sure I would feel the same if she vacationed in Ny or chicago or LA.

Edited: 20 January 2012, 18:38
Portland Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
2,532 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Is It Safe?!

Yes!!!!!

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
175 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Is It Safe?!

Yes! Yes! Yes! Cabo is safe! I live here during winter, single female, never have once felt unsafe. A couple of weeks ago I was making tea around 9:30 p.m. realized I was out of limes, and took a quick walk down to the local market. Would I have done that where I live in the U.S.? NO WAY! Just use common precaution like you would anywhere and you will have no problems!

ek
San Carlos, Ca.
Level Contributor
865 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is It Safe?!

Yep, just use your head and no worries at all.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
55,928 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is It Safe?!

Someone on the California forum said they don't want their road trip to include Los Angeles because it's not safe. What do you think?

Cabo 'safety' tips: wear sunscreen, wear sensible shoes to walk on the broken/uneven sidewalks, don't try to 'outbad' the bad guy, don't flash cash at 3am while you're stumbling drunkenly down a quiet road, and drink lots of water to keep hydrated.

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
515 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is It Safe?!

Been there 3 times in the last 3 years and never had anything bad happen to me. Going again in April, just be smart just like you would anywhere on vacation. My only danger is the hangovers!

Manhattan, Kansas
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Is It Safe?!

Yes very safe. I was skeptical but after being there realized that the bad part you hear about is a different place. Use your head like stated above. It's really no different than where you probably live now but to be safe use sunblock, sunglasses, good shoes, lock your valuables in the safe provided at hotel or leave them at home (we only took our money and passports left wedding rings and any other items at home).

Edited: 25 January 2012, 19:42
California
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Is It Safe?!

Yes, it's very safe. I went a year ago and I was 3 month pregnant, I was skeptical as well, but my husband and I had a great time and would definitely go again and take my child with me this time around. Always practice common sense no matter where you go.

Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
57 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is It Safe?!

Yes, we where there last October and going back in May....

10. Re: Is It Safe?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2013, 10:43