We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATA (subsidiarity of Southwest) opens route from Orange Co.

Riverside, CA
Level Contributor
703 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
ATA (subsidiarity of Southwest) opens route from Orange Co.

ATA is opening a route into Cabo in June from Orange Co. CA (SNA) to Cabo (SJD) and is currently selling tickets lowest fare from Southern California to Cabo...just a heads up.

Hillsborough, North...
Level Contributor
3,151 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATA (subsidiarity of Southwest) opens route from Orange Co.

That good to know.I heard that Virgin is also going to start fly out of SNA and LAX.

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
724 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ATA (subsidiarity of Southwest) opens route from Orange Co.

It's actaully Air Tran -- ATA is no longer operating:-( We used to use ATA for Hawaii and miss them.

I'm considering using Air Tran this year. From Vegas it's $467 including all the taxes which is a great fare. I just don't like arriving so late - US Air has me there before noon! But I have to buy 6 tickets, so that price is very tempting!

Riverside, CA
Level Contributor
703 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ATA (subsidiarity of Southwest) opens route from Orange Co.

yeah I just purchaced 6 tickets for my family at $430 which for my week is about $140 cheaper than the next carrier ....

Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
623 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: ATA (subsidiarity of Southwest) opens route from Orange Co.

A group of us are flying AirTran out of John Wayne/Orange County Airport in June. We paid $415, I booked the tickets as soon as they announced the route a few months back, which is more than we pay out of LAX but it's 10 minutes from our house so no parking, less gas $$ and I am assuming Customs will be way easier than LAX or connecting through PHX (to fly directly into OC). I wish they had an earlier flight but in the end it was worth it for us. I will let everyone know how it goes.

Lise

Riverside, CA
Level Contributor
703 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ATA (subsidiarity of Southwest) opens route from Orange Co.

we're on the jun16th flight perhaps we'll see ya!

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
515 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ATA (subsidiarity of Southwest) opens route from Orange Co.

Just fyi For any San Diego people you can fly out of tj for around $200-250 per person round trip on volaris.

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
724 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ATA (subsidiarity of Southwest) opens route from Orange Co.

Hey Cabo_cpl - we're going on the 16th too so if we go Air Tran we'll be on your flight! How funny!

I'm still holding out on US Airways to have a sale - I think I'll give them a few more weeks...

Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
623 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: ATA (subsidiarity of Southwest) opens route from Orange Co.

Yeah, going to be a good flight on June 16th!!! There are 8 of us so far in our group staying at The Ridge @ Playa Grande for the week. See you at John Wayne!!!

Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
623 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: ATA (subsidiarity of Southwest) opens route from Orange Co.

Yeah, going to be a good flight on June 16th!!! There are 8 of us so far in our group staying at The Ridge @ Playa Grande for the week. See you at John Wayne!!!

Edited: 29 January 2012, 23:20
Riverside, CA
Level Contributor
703 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ATA (subsidiarity of Southwest) opens route from Orange Co.

Sounds like a party plane!! We have rooms at both Playa Grande and Grand Solmar, my sons and their girlfriends will be at Playa and my wife and I will be at GS.