We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Go there once, you'll be there twice...

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Go there once, you'll be there twice...

So, Patrick and I just couldn't stay away (We found Cabo in October and loved, loved, loved it) and we are in the process of booking a cruise out of LA that sails to Cabo and lingers there for 2 days and we're dragging along all 4 of our youngest kids. My question is ~ would it be cheaper to book our activities A) through the cruiseline B) via internet before we leave or C) once we arrive on Cabo's sweet sand?

P.S. I bet I say at least once a week, "I miss Cabo..."

southern California
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Go there once, you'll be there twice...

Contact Marcie at CaboPlanner.com and she will have everything lined up for you when you arrive.

Portland Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Go there once, you'll be there twice...

Second that!!!!!!!!

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
513 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Go there once, you'll be there twice...

It is definitely cheaper to book your activities on your own instead of through the cruiseline. The main argument I hear from people who book through the cruiseline is a fear of somehow getting back late and missing the ship if you book independently. From my experience booking independently, the tour providers are very experienced working with cruise passengers and will do anything to prevent you from missing your ship. Believe me, they don't want the bad press online or unhappy passengers.

To be safe, plan to be back 2 hours before the last tender. If everything is on time, then you've got time to explore. If you run late, you've got some built in cushion.

Since you've been there before, I would assume that you already have a general idea of what you want to do. If not, I find it helpful to take a look at what the cruiseline is offering in order to see what is available in each port. For Cabo, I would pick what I want to do, order vouchers from www.loscabosguide.com and then book the tours independently. For your other port (I'm guessing Puerto Vallarta) check out either the forum here or on www.cruisecritic.com

Have fun!

Edited: 03 February 2012, 21:46
Alaska
Level Contributor
53 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Go there once, you'll be there twice...

Hi JilKil try to go to mycaboexperience.com Ifound this to have almost all the activiities they have to offer in Cabo but at a very good rate....

i have done extensive research and found this sight o have the best baragins

7days and a wake up >))):>

5. Re: Go there once, you'll be there twice...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2013, 10:16