We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Escape the Sun on Cabo Escape Sunset cruise

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wallingford...
Level Contributor
159 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Escape the Sun on Cabo Escape Sunset cruise

I just pre-booked our sunset cruise for March 7th, 2012 the Escape the Sun on the Cabo Escape through cabosanlucastours.net. it was $53.00 pp for a 2 hour cruise fajita dinner and drinks. There was also a note that stated if we wanted premium liquor we can pay $10 pp on board.

Has anyone done this specific sunset cruise recently? Will we see whales at night? Is the food good? What are the standard brands for the regular price? Is the premium worth it?

Any help would be great ly appreciated!! Thanks!!

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
515 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Escape the Sun on Cabo Escape Sunset cruise

I did it last April it was a blast. I just drank beer so not sure about the liquer. I think we paid $35 each but with no reservation we just walked up at 5:30. The food was good nothing to complain about. For $35 it was well worth the money.

cabo
Level Contributor
3,830 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Escape the Sun on Cabo Escape Sunset cruise

$53 per person sounds a little high, but it's a good outfit. You may want to book once you're here for a better rate. Personally I'd pay for the premium, unless your'e beer drinkers. It's worth skipping the ensuing headache to me :)

Wallingford...
Level Contributor
159 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Escape the Sun on Cabo Escape Sunset cruise

We already booked through cabosanlucastours.net it showed we were getting a discount because the original price was $60 :( now I feel ripped off

Whitestown, Indiana
Level Contributor
132 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Escape the Sun on Cabo Escape Sunset cruise

We were at Medano Beach Club last year (formerly Las Palmas) and their "Director of Public Relations" (whatever that is) got us some insider deal with CaboEscape. I think we paid $20 a person and he charged us $10 commission. My friends were all for it whereas I was very apprehensive. Turns out it was true, though. If you can find him there, that's a great deal. We had fun and remember about half of it.

Wallingford...
Level Contributor
159 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Escape the Sun on Cabo Escape Sunset cruise

Great thank you so much!!!

Tucson, AZ
Level Contributor
133 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Escape the Sun on Cabo Escape Sunset cruise

We just did this tour in late January. I am not sure of the cost, as it was free as a part of a timeshare tour we took. The fajitas were actually good, not great, but good. The drinks were flowing the entire time. We all had a great time. It was more of a booze cruise feeling though...certainly not something for kids...although there were a few on the boat. We would do it again for sure! Have fun!

Tucson, AZ
Level Contributor
133 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Escape the Sun on Cabo Escape Sunset cruise

We just did this tour in late January. I am not sure of the cost, as it was free as a part of a timeshare tour we took. The fajitas were actually good, not great, but good. The drinks were flowing the entire time. We all had a great time. It was more of a booze cruise feeling though...certainly not something for kids...although there were a few on the boat. We would do it again for sure! Have fun!

I forgot to mention....

We did see a whale, but it was certainly nothing like a normal whale watching cruise...that is not the focus.

We did NOT purchase premium liquor...the normal drinks were fine.

The cruise was longer than 2 hours, probably more like 3.

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
675 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Escape the Sun on Cabo Escape Sunset cruise

The dinner cruise on Cabo Escape costs $59.00 per person. So anyone who got it for less than that got a good deal.

You can see whales at night but it is not likely because it's dark and you'll be busy eating, drinking and being merry. However, the cruise starts before dark so you'll still have possibilities to see whales (in season), though of course it's not a whale watching cruise so if your main interest is seeing whales this is not the cruise you'll want.

Premium Open Bar adds the following brands:

AMANDA

ABSOLUT AZUL

GREY GOOSE

KETEL ONE

CAZADORES REPOSADO

DON JULIO REPOSADO

DON JULIO BLANCO

CUERVO 1800

BUCHANANS

CROWN ROYAL

JOHNNIE WALKER /BLACK LABEL

JOHNNIE WALKER /RED LABEL

JACK DANIELS

JIM BEAM

BAJA BREWING Co.

RED BULL

TANQUERAY LONDON DRY

BOMBAY

CAPITAN MORGAN

MALIBU COCONUT

MYERS

TERRY CENTENARIO

TORRES 10

DON PEDRO/DOMEQ

MOET CHANSON /BRUT IMPERIAL

VUEVE CLICOUT

BAILEYS

MARTELL MEDALLON

HENNESSY/V.S.O.P

JAGERMEIFTER

GRAND MARNIER

KALHUA

AMARETTO DISARONA

Whether it's worth it just depends on your desire for these brands vs. cheap national brands.

Have fun!

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
14,768 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Escape the Sun on Cabo Escape Sunset cruise

This activity is on the www.loscabospassportcard.com at Buy One Get one Free. Thats a great savings.

chicago
Level Contributor
868 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Escape the Sun on Cabo Escape Sunset cruise

We just did this cruise last week and we paid 35.00 per person. If we booked it thru our resort they wanted 49.00.

We just walked up to a vendor on the Marina and that was his price.

We had to leave a 10.00 per person deposit, and then paid the balance that night.

It was fun, the fajitas were good, the booze was flowing.

We did not see any whales on that cruise.

Have fun!