We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport vs Cancun airport

sask
Level Contributor
143 posts
Save Topic
Airport vs Cancun airport

Just wondering how airport compares to the Cancun airport. Do you have the red light/green light while going thru customs? What are the crowds like going thru customs? Took us almost 2 hrs last time we went to Cancun

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,368 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport vs Cancun airport

Yes, there is the red light green light stop when you leave customs. It really just depends on how many planes are in at the same time as yours. We have been outside to our ride in as little as 30 minutes to as long as 2 hours one time.

I haven't been to the Cancun airport but in Cabo after you do the light thing, you will want to walk straight through the next room which is the timeshare shark tank. Just keep going and do not stop no matter what they tell you until you see blue sky.

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
5,767 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport vs Cancun airport

I have been to the Cancun and what a zoo. We waited almost 3 hours, the first and probably the only time I will go to Cancun. Cabo for the most part is anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour usually, unless of course you come in at the same time as dignataries like Hillary. I think two weeks ago we were out in about 40 minutes.

3. Re: Airport vs Cancun airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 23:17