We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting Rockys fishing gear March 14th-22nd 2012

Aurora, Illinois
4 posts
Save Topic
Renting Rockys fishing gear March 14th-22nd 2012

Does anyone know if Rockys fishing gear is available for this week.

Looking forward to doing some surf fishing in Cabo this trip and heard on the forum Rocky made equipment available to rent form Tyler for a donation.

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renting Rockys fishing gear March 14th-22nd 2012

I'm guessing that only Tyler would know.

Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renting Rockys fishing gear March 14th-22nd 2012

Check with Tyler(TaCabo)at Desperadoes.

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
16,118 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renting Rockys fishing gear March 14th-22nd 2012

Send Tyler a message. I think he posted that the equipment is booked thru mid April. When you are in Cabo you can always stop by Desperados and see if anyone returned the equipment early.

Worst case is you have some fantastic BQ Ribs and Chicken, awesome Nachos finished off with his amazing Bananas Foster for dessert. Im drooling already : )

Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renting Rockys fishing gear March 14th-22nd 2012

Didn't someone else drop off another set up with Tyler?I thought I read a post about that a while back.

Aurora, Illinois
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Renting Rockys fishing gear March 14th-22nd 2012

Thanks for the reply Rocky

I have been to Desperados on my first trip to Cabo in 2009 and had the ribs and they were wonderful. I will stop by Desperados and see if the gear is available and enjoy the food regardless later this week when we arrive.

I think what you are doing with your fishing gear is a great idea and a very worth while cause. I did send Tyler a message to see if your gear was available and haven't recived a reply yet, so I am still hoping something is available. I'm not in a position to spend alot of $$$ on fishing gear that I might use once a year and what you have done was a great alternative.

Last I heard (on this forum) he (Tyler) was tripping over the equipment in his office ;0 and looking for people to step up and rent the equipment. If the rods are not available I will have to head to the store tonight in landlocked Illinois and try to find a suitable alternative. Haven't had much luck finding anything local to get the job done. Might be another fishless trip for me if the equipment isnt available.

Thanks again for the reply

Rick

Puyallup, Washington
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Renting Rockys fishing gear March 14th-22nd 2012

Gone Fishin' wish it were me going also. I also left a set with Tyler. Nothing fancy but after dragging it down there twice I thought I had nothing to lose if I left it there, and there is a slight chance it will be available when I go in Oct. Will also do a line change and lube it up. See Ya and good luck. Stop by Jansens and see what is biting and pick up a lure!

MN
Level Contributor
50 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Renting Rockys fishing gear March 14th-22nd 2012

5150 -

Hubby and I have the poles reserved for the 17-23rd. We haven't finalized our fishing plans as to days, places, etc... so maybe we can figure something out that works for all of us. PM me if you want to try to coordinate something. We are staying at Cabo Villas.

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
16,118 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Renting Rockys fishing gear March 14th-22nd 2012

5150Gone fishing......TOOLEYS food drive to help the Locals, coupled with Lugging fishing gear and then having to pay extra luggage fees on some airlines is why I brainstormed this idea. TYLER was the key to making this work. Then DAVEALIVE also contributed to make this a nice thing for everyone. It filled a need and helped everyone.

TOOLEYS and TYLERS commitment to continue to raise money to help the truly needy goes largely unrecognised and is much appreciated. The rest of us by participating in a small way help too. Its a feel good thing. Thanks to everyone !!!!!!!

Aurora, Illinois
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Renting Rockys fishing gear March 14th-22nd 2012

What Rocky started and Dave contributed to with Tyler going out of his way to help and Cabovilla's offer to try and work something out to benefit people they don't necessarily know...well it is just awesome and wonderful. The world could sure use more people like all of you.

Leaving tomorrow to Cabo (Villa Del Palmar) and thanks to all of you that have replied for just being good people willing to do something to make this world a better place for the children of Cabo and people in general --regardless if I get to fish or not.

Thank you all for the replies, I just might get to do some fishing in Cabo this year after alland if I don't it was still a pleasure to bump into all of you on TA.

Rick

cabo
Level Contributor
3,830 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Renting Rockys fishing gear March 14th-22nd 2012

Hi Rick, just sent you a pm

Cabovilla, see you soon. Gear is waiting for you :)

Yes, it is very cool that Rockygee started this and thanks to davealvie for adding to the stash. Someone else also left a rod (no reel) that is available, so maybe think about packing a reel and a couple of lures and borrowing that too. I'm sorry I don't remember who left the rod.