We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabo in August - how hot?

Snoqualmie...
Level Contributor
11 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Cabo in August - how hot?

We're planning to go to Cabo in early August. How hot does it get? I don't think we'll do much more than sit around the pool, but is it too hot to be active - even just go walk around downtown?

I didn't even think about Hurricane's until I saw a post on here - is that a real issue?

Upper Michigan
Level Contributor
3,429 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabo in August - how hot?

Average termperature in August is 95 high, low around 75 with 70% humidity. Hot yes, too hot, never. Hurricanes, how do you know. We were there last year when the Tsuanmi hit off Japan. Was in Vegas one year for New Years and it snowed. Was in Arizona one year in January and the Colorado river froze. Weather is weather, just go and have a great time.

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,347 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabo in August - how hot?

It will be hot but even more uncomfortable is the super high humidity. You never know about tropical storms or hurricanes. The season is mid June through mid November with September usually being the highest risk month.

It will likely be too hot and sticky to do much during the day but you can plan your activies in the morning or evenings.

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
15,171 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabo in August - how hot?

Hey Mijo......I need your vacation schedule so i can avoid traveling the same time of year............ You have had some bad luck.

northwest
Level Contributor
555 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabo in August - how hot?

Went 1 august our first trip, very muggy.

But when your in the pool most of the day with a drink in your hand-hands who cares.

Miguel

Lincoln, California
Level Contributor
4,234 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cabo in August - how hot?

Its TOO hot and sticky IMO, there is a reason August and Sept have the lowest tourist #'s in Cabo even though August is prime vacation season for Americans. If its the only time you can go then go for it but if you can schedule another time I would SERIUOSLY consider it.

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,097 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cabo in August - how hot?

We stayed in San Jose last Sept. 3 to 17 and it was hot (low 90s) most days. Not much of a downside though, as even the unheated pools at Grand Mayan were quite comfortable -- with plenty of covered lounging beds and umbrellas by the lounge chairs around the pool, we never burned or felt overheated. Cooling margaritas and mojitos helped too! Plus, we used fewer credits for our week at Worldmark Coral Baja then we would during "peak" times. Restaurants and shops were not crowded. In my book, September is a great time to visit!

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
2,131 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cabo in August - how hot?

IMO the biggest issues with the heat iin August s going to dinner - since a lot of restaurants don't have AC - you have to wait until late to eat and even then it's hot and humid

Puyallup, Washington
Level Contributor
2,339 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cabo in August - how hot?

Our first trip was in August also and it was hot but not to hot!!!! Rained a couple times but cleared quickly. Late afternoon the pool was to warm to be refreshing but the Ocean is lots warmer than earlier in the year, and like Carl said most Resturants don't have A/C and can take until later to cool down. I know Desperados and Miquel Locos have A/C. We'd still go back in August if we could go multiple times. See Ya

Duluth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
5,136 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cabo in August - how hot?

I made an August trip several years ago, and fished 3 of 5 days. Hot for sure, but the humidity wasn't off the charts the week I was there. I'd get off the boat at 3, head for the hotel (and the a/c) sleep till 7 or 8 and then head for dinner and it wasn't too bad.

Oh, and the fishing is pretty good that time of year!

Edited: 18 March 2012, 22:14
Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
8,131 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cabo in August - how hot?

August is way too hot for me. Even running the A/C in the room 24/7 couldn't cool it down enough for me to be able to sleep. Plus, even at 6:00 in the morning, it was so humid as to be really uncomfortable. But, I'm a lightweight when it comes to the humidity/heat -- may not bother people who are used to living in areas with high humidity.