We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls Week in January - Too Cold? Where to stay?

Chicago, Illinois
2 posts
Save Topic
Girls Week in January - Too Cold? Where to stay?

Hello!

I've never posted out here before.

My girlfriends and I are planning a girls trip to Cabo in Jan 2013. Question, will it be too cold for us to enjoy days at the pool? Also, we like to relax during the day and sometimes party at night :). Any recommendations on where to stay? Either condo/villa/hotel works for us. Never been to Cabo, so I'm not sure what to expect. What's the difference between all the areas? I have a lot to look into for this trip! When is rainy season?

This group of girls have been all over traveling once a year....we're adventuresome and enjoy just about anything.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
556 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Girls Week in January - Too Cold? Where to stay?

Early mornings are cool but by mid morning it's bikini time! Best part is that the sun is hot and great for tanning but without humidity..,so nice!! Bring your sunscreen as the intense rays can't be felt and you will burn...the suns rays are very deceiving at this time of year..

Nites can be cool so bring a lite jacket or sweater...

Chicago, Illinois
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Girls Week in January - Too Cold? Where to stay?

Great! Which area do you recommend? We want a nice pool, but a place a quick cab ride to go out a night. Thanks!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
556 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Girls Week in January - Too Cold? Where to stay?

...If all of you are looking for a party 24/7 then there are many great resorts on Medano Beach.. here there are non stop vendors always selling the wares, beach bars, water sports and lots and lots of activity.. For us we prefer to go to the party than spend 24/7 at it.

We love Solmar Beach and are owners of Playa Grande, it is on a huge private beach without vendors and that constant activity. It is walk able to town and a water taxi away to where "all the action" on Medano Beach is.

Depending on what you are looking for...I would suggest staying where you don't have to rely on taxi's as they can get costly..the set price they quote is for 4 people over that and they charge extra..

Have fun and happy planning...

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
3,757 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Girls Week in January - Too Cold? Where to stay?

Here is a post from the 'top questions" section that may help.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g152515-c130180/Cabo-…

We love being on Medano beach and would not stay anywhere else. You can plenty of peace and quiet at your resort (we love Casa Dorada) or you can stay at the more party like hotel (the ME). You can always wander down the beach and watch the craziness at one of the beach bars. An easy 15 minute walk to town.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Girls Week in January - Too Cold? Where to stay?

I'm with CaboMagic; I like to visit Medano Beach but stay on the quiet Pacific side. I've been to Playa Grande 3 times and love it! Not only for its location on the Pacific but it is also walkable to the marina, and town & especially Restaurant Row (Calle Hidalgo). Nice condos/ rooms also. We love PB Sunset Beach also but it is not walkable to town. Still a cheap cab ride though.

6. Re: Girls Week in January - Too Cold? Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2013, 10:20