We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bachelor party assistance

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle...
3 posts
Save Topic
Bachelor party assistance

we are in the middle of debating wheather costa rica or mexico (cabo or mazatlan) will be our Bachelor party destination for this year toward end of August.

a group of around 8 of us are taking the trip but 2 of us are making the decision. we want to keep the cost reasonable (but not too cheap) so everyone can afford.

most of us are in the late 20s, early 30s stage. Any insider or someone that went there (cabo or mazatlan) recently can give me a little 411? want to know the expectation in weather, nightlife, people since i'm going there in August? we are planning to rent a Villa/house instead of renting hotels. thank you ahead for you feedback

Whitestown, Indiana
Level Contributor
132 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bachelor party assistance

Have never been to MZT but have done my share of partying in Cabo. Many forum folks will steer you towards Marcie @ Caboplanner.com. I think Cabo would be an awesome place for a Bachelor party. It's small enough that losing people is tough because you'll probably run into them at the next bar. But it's big enough that there are some very nice hotels and GREAT restaurants. Everything is close so you can stumble home easily. Looks like you're from SEA and there are daily direct flights to SJD and it looks like a couple times a week to MZT.

August will be starting to get pretty hot & humid. Plenty of Villas available in Pedregal (closer to town) or in some of the other neighborhoods in the corridor (corridor will require a rental car or expensive cabs). Check redweek.com and vrbo.com where you can find pretty "affordable" Villas.

I'm 23 and will be down for the 5th time this month. You can PM me with other questions if you have them. Good luck in your decision. You won't go wrong with Cabo I can promise that.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
939 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bachelor party assistance

Check out villa Toro Rojo on VRBO. Nice villa for your needs and at a good price. Located in Pedregal close to downtown.

Waunakee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bachelor party assistance

Matatlan is not as safe as it used to be. On the other hand Cabo is extremely safe. About the only thing not safe in Cabo are the crooked sidewalks, even sober it's not unusual to trip over one.

There are many condo's and timeshares that you can rent from. Check out VRBO.com to find them. The weather will be hot, but the beer will keep you cool.

Have fun.

Seattle...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bachelor party assistance

thank you all for the feedback

minnesota
Level Contributor
459 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bachelor party assistance

Cabo has a lot more nightlife than mazatlan in my opinion. Just got back from Cabo and ran into my fair share of bachelor parties :)

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
515 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bachelor party assistance

I have been to both recently and Cabo has more of your needs. Mazatlan is more of a laid back fishing and beach city where Cabo has lots more nightlife and day time action.

LA
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bachelor party assistance

Cabo definitely, I've been to both too. Cabo crowd is younger, hipper, funner... better beaches too ........

8. Re: Bachelor party assistance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 02:16