We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zipline in Cabo

Indian Land, South...
Level Contributor
5 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Zipline in Cabo

Leaving for a week in Cabo on Saturday. My wife and I are traveling with our two teenage daughters (14 & 17). We want to go ziplining and are wondering where the best place for zipping is? Seems like there are many options in Cabo?

Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zipline in Cabo

I've been doing some research on ziplines (albeit I have more time than you). I have found Cabo Adventures the Outdoor Zipline Adventure. From what I read on the website there may be more involved than just a plain 'ole zipline with them, (which I'm leaning towards I think)! Or there is Cabo San Lucas tours with the Canopy Tour also more than just a zipline but fewer lines than the prior (if my brain is working properly in recollection right now). I'll be anxious to hear some input on this thread.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
934 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zipline in Cabo

I have not done the Canopy Tour but did the Cabo Adventures (booked through hotel activities desk - not always cheapest and in my case from Chicago I could have gotten 2 for the price of $89 instead of 89 each, but we had a large group and no one could decide before trip if they wanted to do it and collect money, as through a Radio Shopping Show we could get half price tickets, may want to check if there is one in Baltimore)

Anyway, really really enjoyed the ziplining (I have ziplined in Jamiaca, different topography) this is much more than ziplining and does entail some climbing and hiking. You decide though how intense you want it.

For instance one spot you could either climb up to the zip part via a wall climb (think indoor wall climb), or robe ladder.

Walking from Zip to Zip could entail some up hill dirt walking, and walking around rocks in ground but everything is VERY safe, to make sure you don't go walking off a cliff or anything.

I found the employees to be very fun and friendly.

If you do either one of these I would suggest choosing a time early not at 1 or 3 pm in afternoon as it will be hot hot hot, especially in desert. They do have water stops at Cabo Adventures.

Only thing I didn't care for is the long drive to get to the Zipline from hotel. I think the Canopy is closer to town - I think.

No Cameras - they take pictures and Charge you.

Hope that helps.

East Bernard, Texas
Level Contributor
147 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zipline in Cabo

From my research... Wild Canyon also has zip lining & is closer to town. They don't have some of the extras that Cabo Adventures has, but we're just interested in the zip lining anyway.

Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zipline in Cabo

We did the Cabo Adventures zipline last year and loved it!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
117 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zipline in Cabo

if no cameras are allowed, then why are there so many pictures posted in their TA review? Just curious, b/c I am going to do the zipline adventure next week. thanks.

East Bernard, Texas
Level Contributor
147 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zipline in Cabo

The zip line staff take pictures, & then you can buy them. I think their rationale is that it's a safety thing - kinda like texting while driving. No dropped cameras or inattention to staying safe.

Level Contributor
515 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Zipline in Cabo

Just went Tuesday, it was awesome lots of walking so I would do the 9am slot so it is not too hot. I would highly recommend wild canyon.

8. Re: Zipline in Cabo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 02:17
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now