We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wyndham pool renovation?

Arlington...
Level Contributor
284 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Wyndham pool renovation?

I just read about this in another thread. Can anyone tell me if it is being renovated now and for how long? We will be staying there for 4 nights in about 2 weeks. Gotta have a pool!!

Thanks,

Robert

Lincoln, California
Level Contributor
4,234 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wyndham pool renovation?

If the pool is still closed you wont be missing anything from the old pool scene, it has to be the worst resort pool I have ever seen. old wrinkled plastic pool liner and around the pool is just expansive rooftop concrete...hopefully the renovations will make it much nicer.....if it has not been done you should look into the Mar De Cortez Hotel, its right downtown like Wyndam though not in the Marina and very inexpensive with a nice little courtyard pool and a VERY cool little restuarant wth $3.99 breakfasts poolside!

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Mar de Cortez
Hotel Mar de Cortez
599 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Whitestown, Indiana
Level Contributor
132 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wyndham pool renovation?

Supposedly Wyndham is offering a free shuttle twice a day to the beach while the pool is being renovated. They're going to have to do a LOT of work to that pool area to make it "nice" so I'm not sure how long it's going to be closed.

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,050 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wyndham pool renovation?

I am a timeshare owner there and probably haven't been poolside more then 3x in all the trips I've made there. Why go pool when the beach is so close.

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wyndham pool renovation?

Canamerican1 was apparently in communication with the manager there who stated the work would take about 100 days.

Arlington...
Level Contributor
284 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wyndham pool renovation?

Thanks Eljefe.....So I'm assuming that it has started so no pool for us. Not that big a deal. Just like the thought of being able to go down to the pool, not so much to swim, but to relax, read a book and have a couple of cold ones. 16 more sleeps!

Robert

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wyndham pool renovation?

Robert, as others have said, you really won't be missing anything. Grabbing a complimentary shuttle to Medano Beach, Tabasco's in particular would be a lot better deal than their pool.

Mentioned in this post
Medano Beach
Medano Beach
3,691 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Oceanside...
Level Contributor
515 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wyndham pool renovation?

Starts may 15th ends in September if they stay on time so I would guess Jan. 1st sounds about right for construction to end.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,054 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Wyndham pool renovation?

Yep, I was talking to the managers (more than one) and was informed that it would take 100 days! Not 3 months or 3 months and a week but 100 days. Thnat would start from what ever I stated on my origional post! :)

9. Re: Wyndham pool renovation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 20:18