We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport porters

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,615 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Airport porters

Is it true that if you use a porter at the airiport that they can take you to the front of the line after you get your passport stamped?

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
5,742 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport porters

no but you bypass all the land sharks

southern California
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport porters

It happened for us twice.

After our passports were stamped...we went to the luggage area and got a porter. He loaded all our luggage and took us to a scanner with no one in line. The other line was packed with people in it. Here's what I don't know...if that scanner was open to everyone or not. To me it seemed like anyone could get in that line for that scanner....but on one did. It was like...monkey see, monkey do.....nobody wanted to use a scanner that no one else was using.

Danville, California
Level Contributor
115 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport porters

Just out of curiosity, what do you typically tip a porter at the airport? I've never thought to use one before, but reading some previous posts I think I'll start.

southern California
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport porters

If just my husband and I, $5-6....when four of us...$7-10.

Edited: 02 May 2012, 00:15
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,323 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport porters

Using the porters are the way to go. They will navigate you through all the lines with the least amount of hassle and the best part is the way they get you through the shark tank. It is well worth the $5-$10 (depending on amount of luggage) that you will spend.

Danville, California
Level Contributor
115 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport porters

Thank you both! We will definitely try using a porter on our next trip down.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,557 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport porters

Yes-they make life so much easier..............and for me-$5.....but I travel pretty light ;)

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,323 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport porters

Kat I need to take a lesson from you. Each year I say I am traveling lighter and each year I end up with this huge duffel bag named Sally while my husband lugs her partner Harry LOL...and then of course the biggest carryons that the airlines allows. WE are so bad! Harry and Sally are starting to wear out and so maybe I will just replace them with a smaller version.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,615 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport porters

I don't have any worries about getting thru the shark tank, just looking for a quicker way out.

Newman Lake...
Level Contributor
317 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport porters

So just to understand this more, you pick up a porter right after passport stamping??

Shelb, when are you heading to Cabo, we are also from Wisconsin and will be in May 5-12....