We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

questions????????

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
sc
Level Contributor
108 posts
1 review
Save Topic
questions????????

1.I have a weak tummy,i have read several reviews about where i am staying people getting gi problems..I got cepro from my doctor,should i start it a couple of days before or just keep it handy..I will also take pepto..I love pina coladas,my luck first one will kill me lol.

2.I want a nice tan,what lotion should i start with 15, 10, 6??? I burn the first time then tan,so just wondering i was told i can fry lol

3.my mom is watching my kids,i will call from phones at the resort to check on kids,but if theres an emergency she cant reach me,i have tried to call Dreams on my own and cant get through..I heard about possibly going to verizon and getting a chip or something put in it.Can you recieve calls on it..Oy..

4.can i carry meds on the plane so if our suitcases should disapear we will have them??I didnt know if customs allows it.

5..Why do i think about this silly stuff??

i leave in 30 days.woo

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,141 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: questions????????

Personally, I wouldn't take any drugs unless I really needed them. Too easy to build up an immunity to them, and if you don't know what is causing the problem, they may not work for what you have. Eat lots of yogurt to replace the good bugs, and try acidophilus caps. You should definitely keep all meds and valuables in your carry on bag!

Paradise on Earth
Level Contributor
680 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: questions????????

FunnyGirl,

When you have a weak tummy nothing is funny.

Best bet is to eat in-town. You can eat in Cabo very cheap and its not worth getting sick over. The food is all good and healthy.

You shouldn't get sick over any Piña Coladas. I love them as well. Since I found Miami Vice a couple of months ago - they are even better and at Baja Cantina they are fantastic!!!!

In 30 days you will need tanning lotion at 9am through the rest of the day. Don't' take any chances. I don't even get in the sun - ever - and I have a tan just sitting in the shade.

Use a 30 or higher on your face and 50 on your lips - trust me on this one ;-).

If you use a 15 for the rest of your body until the last couple of days then use a 10, you'll be fine. If you stick to a 15 you'll still be fine. You will get a tan - trust me.

If you'd like, your mom can call me at 314-485-5398. That is my US phone number here in Cabo. I also have voice mail on it. Really, I've given my number out to many coming to Cabo...just in case.

The direct number to Dreams (there are two) from the US:

011-52-624-145-7600

011-52-624-144-0202 (not sure what this number is for)

If you have an RX from your doctor it should be fine, however if anything is lost all drugs are over-the-counter in Mexico except narcotics.

Don't worry to much about the luggage. Sometimes it is delayed a day or so - but its always found.

You think of this because your planning on having a great time and don't want to mess it up ;-)

Truly, if your mom needs a live person to talk to, she can call me anytime 24/7.

Have fun and drink lots of Piña Coladas!

Diana

Harper, Kansas
Level Contributor
482 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: questions????????

Two things: 1. don't take Cipro before you need it. (my humble but educated opinion)

2. I took my laptop to Cabo. It has a Cingular card in it so I can access the internet from anywhere there is a signal--like a cell phone. It worked in Cabo. Don't know about Verizon, but give them a call.

Have a blast!

sc
Level Contributor
108 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: questions????????

Thankyou very much Diana,as for the RX are you saying i need 1 for each bottle of pills i bring??They all have my name on the bottles.I get all my meds in the mail so the company has the scripts..I do carry one narc for aniety but its also in a marked bottle,so what shall i do??

Paradise on Earth
Level Contributor
680 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: questions????????

Bring the bottles with your name and the name of the drug on them. That should be fine. If they confiscate them don't worry. Just call me when you get to Cabo and I'll take you to one of my doctor friends for help with the narcotic script. My Cabo cell number is 044-624-355-3477. Call me anytime - even if its just to have a Piña Colada or Miami Vice ;-).

Come and have a great time! Cabo is paradise on earth.

Harper, Kansas
Level Contributor
482 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: questions????????

funnygirl, definitely carry your meds (and any valuables)in your purse or carry-on. It won't make any difference as far as customs goes. I got the dreaded red light going through last time, which means luggage is searched. That includes checked and carried on. All our bags were opened--it took about 3 minutes. They're not out to hassle you--although if you have purle hair in a mohawk and are covered with tatoos all gang-related, well, maybe they'd take a closer look, lol

Harper, Kansas
Level Contributor
482 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: questions????????

oh, yeah, funnygirl, one more thing: I met Cabo Princess and definitely recommend you take her up on her offer to get together, other than I'd have a margarita! Wish I'd had more time to visit.

Central Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
4,624 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: questions????????

Funny,

If you mean Cipro (maybe cepro?) the anti biotic. I definately would not take it unless you need it. It is a very pwerful antibiotic and you will build up immunity. When you need it, it is then ineffective in your system. Also keep in mind that antibiotics kill all the germs in your system! This means the good ones too. It take a long time for you to replace these GOOD germs and they help you with a host of things, digestion is one. the pepto is really all you should have in case of emmergency.

When you get to the hotel, call home from their phone, asking the people at the counter what number to make incomming calls on.

Take whatever sun block you feel you need, plus you can always get more there.

And most of all, worry less and have fun more!

Hsata,

F4B

P.S. I am not a doctor, I just play one on Trip Advisor!

Harper, Kansas
Level Contributor
482 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: questions????????

f4b, applause!!! for all your good advice, especially the worry less, relax more, have fun part :-)

sc
Level Contributor
108 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: questions????????

Thx everyone,Diana i will give ya a call when i get there...So are 2 sweet.....Thankyou so much for advice on meds....Dont want thyroid to mess up i will sleep all day lol....