We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cabo fishing

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
st.leonard
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
cabo fishing

looking to charter a boat for 5-6 guys in Sept. 2012. What

are your recommentions for cost, catching fish,etc. I hear

good things about Red-Rum but are there others that have

been good at catching fish? (mostly billfish) Thanks, Gene K.

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,721 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cabo fishing

we always use JC's but his boat wouldn't accomodate over 4. He does however, broker out others so you can contact him and get quotes, etc.

949-891-7611 or email at jcsport@caboguide.zzn.com

Lincoln, California
Level Contributor
4,233 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cabo fishing

agree, 5 or 6 is too many for one boat, rent two!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,054 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: cabo fishing

Look at the "Top questions about Cabo on the right of this threat and you will see all the answers to your questions. RedRum is very good as are many others. They all want to put you on fish but no good charter one will guarantee fish...thats why it's call fishing not catching! They want you to have a great fishing experience and thsat way they will get a good tip. It is customary to tip at leat 15% of the charter cost! They do expect it whether you get fish or not! Remember it is expected to catch and release all bill fish in Cabo! Good luck!

Stroudsburg...
Level Contributor
3,240 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cabo fishing

There are many well respected fishing charter companies in Cabo but fortunately I started with RedRum and I'm still customer years later. I have fished on over 20 charters with them and have never had a bad experience. I have never been skunked but then again luck has a great deal to do with fishing.

california
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: cabo fishing

We have used Pisces on several fishing trips have always had good luck catching marlin.Their boat the Valerie will hold 6 fisher men easy. solid three person crew very clean and good tunes.

Florence, Oregon
Level Contributor
73 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cabo fishing

Second Pisces have many boats and great crews to choose from, also very friendly and helpful

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
16 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cabo fishing

My husband and I go to Cabo at least twice a year and I we always use 'Benito' at BJC Sportfishing. Last September we chartered a 31ft boat called The Blue Marlin for 6 people (one not fishing) and paid $532.00. That included our fishing licenses (bartered in the price) but not the bait. As I said though, we are return customers and have used Benito many times. I always pick my crew, Luis & Salvador as I have been burned before by lazy crews who don't care if or what you catch. I would recommend contacting him by email and arranging to meet him before commiting. He will show you what boats are available prior to committing. His office partner, "Anna" is also very helpful. A couple notes of interest, in 2009 we arranged a charter for my nephew who was terminally ill (30 years old) thru Benito. He knew the situation and arranged the trip of a lifetime for my nephew - a memory I'll never forget. Not trying to sell you on this charter, just being honest. I truly believe in checking out the competition, but I always return to Benito.

8. Re: cabo fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 18:16