We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

**Daily Weather Update-June, 2012 - The G20 Edition**

cabo
Level Contributor
3,830 posts
1 review
Save Topic
**Daily Weather Update-June, 2012 - The G20 Edition**

After a very short May thread, the weather center is back on line for all the excitement of June weather and G20!

I'm sporting some new state of the art weather equipment, such as the "Woodsman's Weather Stick", a New England oddity that predicts foul weather. Google it if you want more info. Basically, you hang the stick and when it points up, good weather. When it points down, expect bad weather on the way.... Of course in Cabo, it will almost always be pointing up. Maybe we'll see some action with it in August or September.....

I also finally replaced my old, rusty garden thermometer with a fancy new one. It even gives me the humidity index, so expect that little nugget of information added to the daily reports

As for the G20 Summit, I'll be offering as much news as I can gather from various sources..... local Spanish language newspaper, friends working at corridor hotels, first hand accounts as I wander about, and when all that fails, I'll move on to outright gossip and 3d hand rumors :)

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT privy to Specific hotel details, so please don't hit me with those questions. I'm keeping this general and don't plan to run around and investigate every hotel's personal policy for the event. I also reserve the right at any moment to turn this into a drinking thread..... :)

Here is the link to Medano Beach webcams for your live viewing pleasure... It will be interesting to see a live shot of an empty bay on the 18th and 19th

http://www.cabovillas.com/campage.asp?id=1

Should be an exciting month, if not weatherwise. June is usually hot and sunny (I know, shocking for Cabo) Stay tuned....

cabo
Level Contributor
3,830 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: **Daily Weather Update-June, 2012 - The G20 Edition**

Wednesday, June 6th

After a few unseasonably cool and windy days, we're back to hot and sunny! My fancy new thermometer shows low 80's and 42% humidity at 10am. Blue skies, almost no breeze and lots of singing birds this morning. A perfect June day. Not many cruise ships these days, as most of them have repositioned to Alaska for the summer, but there was one yesterday. And that big, private yacht with the helicopter, Attessa, is back in the bay. Wonder if they'll be allowed stay out there during the G20. Probably a personal friend to one or more of these presidents....

G20 news.......

National Mexican Secretary of Tourism was in town yesterday to check on the progress of the new convention center. She pronounced it "ahead of schedule", which is a good thing,( although sounds like it's not finished) since the world leaders will be here in 12 days.

The median in the center of the corridor is almost finished being landscaped. It looks 100 times better than before, although all the trees they planted look dead. Guess dead trees are less expensive than live ones. And easier to maintain.

Yesterday was my last trip to Home Depot this month, as the federal police are really stacking up near the Punta Ballena entrance, just before Home Depot on the corridor. Looks like they're setting up big x-ray machines on the sides of the road to check vehicles as they go by. We've also been told to carry I.D. at all times, or expect to be searched and interrogated further. I'd better go pay my parking ticket and get my driver's license back from DMV soon :)

cabo
Level Contributor
3,830 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: **Daily Weather Update-June, 2012 - The G20 Edition**

Ok, this is not related to weather or the G20, but just read in the Tribuna paper that In'N'Out Burger is coming to San Jose!

I've never been to one back home, so I'll have nothing to compare it to, but looking forward to my first "Animal style" burger :) Guess I may have to risk the police checkpoints on the corridor after all....

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
3,760 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: **Daily Weather Update-June, 2012 - The G20 Edition**

In and out burger is like puppy crack.......well worth a trip to jail!

Thx for the G20 updates.... can you tell me whats happening at Casa Dorada in terms of security? Ja, ja couldn't resist!

Is it time for a drinking comment yet? I like capirinhas! …about.com/od/…cprnha_cktl.htm

There, my job is done here!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
193 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: **Daily Weather Update-June, 2012 - The G20 Edition**

Great subject. Saw the new convention center on the way out and wondered myself about the dead trees. Maybe they will spray paint them green. Ha! Enjoyed our brief encounter with you on Thursday evening. There never is enough time to do what we want to. Maybe a move there would be good.

Denise and Cecil

JJJ
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,628 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: **Daily Weather Update-June, 2012 - The G20 Edition**

Tyler...when you go to In and Out...check out this site so you know all the "secret menu" items!

There aren't any In and Out burgers in Oregon...CA and NV are the closest for us...I guess I'll have to go to Cabo to get my In and Out fix!

http://badmouth.net/in-n-outs-secret-menu/

everett wa
Level Contributor
808 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: **Daily Weather Update-June, 2012 - The G20 Edition**

We will be there next Thursday ...Yay!! Puppy crack..too funny. True though.

everett wa
Level Contributor
808 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: **Daily Weather Update-June, 2012 - The G20 Edition**

Thanks for the updates on any closures. I just want to go snorkeling! Tell Barrack that lol.

cabo
Level Contributor
3,830 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: **Daily Weather Update-June, 2012 - The G20 Edition**

meanestmom, if I see him, I'll tell him :) Looks like there won't be any snorkeling at Chileno or Santa Maria bays, beginning on the 12th or 14th.

JJJ, thanks for the link. Hope it lives up to the hype and glad you have another "excuse" to head to Cabo, lol

smrbrz, drinking hijack by post 3? Love it and love a good capirinha too!

Comeondown, it was great to see you and your dad. Time does fly down here. Maybe we can squeeze in a little more time next trip. I hear those trees along the highway will eventually grow leaves. Just not in time for the bigwigs

Napa Valley...
Level Contributor
234 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: **Daily Weather Update-June, 2012 - The G20 Edition**

Mmm. In-N-Out. I hear you can't bring in meat of any kind, otherwise I would totally bring you some. Of course, I doubt it would make it through the flight (or circling the airport/sitting on the tarmac waiting for the dignitaries to get outta the way). Can't believe I'll finally be there in 11 days!!!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,323 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: **Daily Weather Update-June, 2012 - The G20 Edition**

In'N'Out!!!! I am so happy to hear that. We do not have them here on the east coast so I have to get my fix on the occasional trip to California or Utah. Now that will be a good reason to get Mr. Reikilady to rent a car in Cabo :-)